best backpack for 15 mbp

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by djvic87, Aug 18, 2010.

1. djvic87 macrumors regular

Since I just got my new i7 mbp, I really want a good backpack to take my mbp to college, trips, etc.. Since there are so many different types of notebook packpacks, I really want one that someone can recommend me. I want a backpack that is really safe for my mbp. For example, a backpack that can handle the notebook with books. The one I saw recently was the aftpack from speck. But I want to make sure If I can get something better than the aftpack, or not. Any response would be appreciated, thanks.

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Crumpler Beer Back, big enough for the 17" as well as lots of space for books and other things. I highly recommend it, the build quality is also astounding, definitely worth the price.

3. Sneakz macrumors 65816

Sneakz

Use any backpack you want + Incase sleeve. Backpacks with integrated laptop sleeves aren't the greatest.

4. djvic87 thread starter macrumors regular

I do have an incase sleeve for it. I usually place my mbp in the incase sleeve, and then put it inside a north face backpack to go to school. However, my north face backpack doesn't have enough padding for the mbp. That gets me concern. For example, I can feel the corners of the mbp whenever I grab my north face backpack with my mbp inside.

5. Sneakz macrumors 65816

Sneakz

Backpacks with integrated sleeves generally don't have anymore padding than incase sleeves. Incase+The North Face, doesn't get much more secure than that I'd say.

6. bareskillz macrumors newbie

I just picked up the Incase Compact Backpack from the Apple Store. I'm very happy with it. It's got a pocket for the iPad too.

I'm using it with a 13" MBP, but it's sized for the 15" so would be even better I would assume.

7. ccashman92 macrumors regular

I use a Incase sleeve + a hurley backpack off the apple site. The sleeve fits in the laptop pocket so its double the protection.