Best Backpack for MBP

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by b84, Jul 22, 2007.

1. b84 macrumors member

i recently purchased a MBP and was wondering what other users have as there proctection. Which backpack is best for padding my new investment??

2. numbersyx macrumors 65816

numbersyx

3. aaronw1986 macrumors 68030

There was this exact thread like 2 days ago! Try a search, it should be helpful.

4. T-Stex macrumors 6502

I had the Booq Boa XM for my MacBook. It's a great backpack, the materials and craftsmanship are as good as any other backpack I've seen, but it just looked too serious for me. I didn't really like the shape of it either. It looked more... square than I would've liked.

I ended up selling the Booq bag and getting an STM Evolution. It's a little more casual, and it's got a built-in MacBook or MacBook pro specific sleeve. When the sleeve is closed, it's hard to tell that there's a computer in the bag, and it just looks like a normal backpack, which I liked.

5. Mac One macrumors member

6. NickD macrumors 6502a

NickD

Once again I have to recommend the Swiss Gear bags (Maxxum and Synergy). Both are very good, sturdy bags, and offer great protection for a laptop.

7. b84 thread starter macrumors member

thnx

i appreciate the replies. i went down to the apple store and bought the INCASE sleeve for the mean time. it works pretty good for now. the guy at the store showed me a bag they had on the apple website that has a rain cover built in the bag, which is pretty great.