Best Backup program for Mac? SuperDuper? Chronosynch? Other?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by hassiman, Aug 9, 2010.

1. hassiman macrumors member

Hi,

I havwe been trying to determine which Backup program is best to use to backup my MacPro to my CalDigit external eSATA VR Mini RAID drives? I have heard lots of good stuff about SuperDuper, Chronosynch, Carbon Copy Cloner...

Anyone have a suggestion? I am just interested in using a program that is reliable and will make me a good bootable drive and hopefully will verify the integrity of the BU. I am running both Leopard and Snow Leopard.

Thanks

2. FourCandles macrumors 6502a

There are plenty of discussions and opinions on these forums one way or the other - if you search for Carbon Copy Cloner Super Duper etc. you'll see what I mean.

Personally I use CCC, but IMHO the best solution will be the one that you find easy, simple to use and encourages you to use it as frequently as possible (reliability and data integrity assumed to be a given).

You may want to check out booting from a clone via eSATA as I'm not sure how well that's supported - have only used FW400 and FW800.

3. sup3r1or macrumors regular

I use carbon copy cloner, i think its good and hey its free.

4. Mad4WDW macrumors regular

Backup software

+1 for CCC.

I asked this same question on here a week or 2 ago was recommended CCC and have used it since. Easy to set up and use, my backup is done on a schedule @ 3am each day. Sorted :)

Greg

5. joaoferro37 macrumors 6502

joaoferro37

I guess a back up solution should do backup itself in the background without launch any software.
    As far as for CalDigit products.. you need to pray and cross your finger because, it will die sooner or later.
    Check my other post about how terrible caldigit's product is.
    Go google their product and you will find out how frequent they phased out their product lines.
    Good luck.