Best bags for MBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by kasakka, Dec 25, 2008.

1. kasakka macrumors 65816

Since I'm getting a 15" Macbook Pro soon, I'll need a good bag for it. Can anyone suggest me something that fits this description?

• Shoulder bag
    • Small - space only for the computer, maybe some papers and adapters/USB sticks etc. No need to fit in books or something like that.
    • Durable
    • Good looking :p
    My idea is to have a bag that is lightweight but offers some protection for the computer. I don't like having to take the computer out of a separate protective sleeves or something like that.

2. JLatte macrumors 6502

http://www.sfbags.com/products/sleevecases/sleevecases.htm

I bought a bag there to try them out, got the Cozmos one. It was so good that I tried out this sleevecase for my Macbook. I'd recommend for what you mentioned to get the sleevecase with the piggyback. I've had it for over 2 years now, and this bag looks as new as the day I bought it. To get an idea on the durability, I took the Cozmos bag with my laptop and a bunch of other items in it to Europe twice (same material as the sleevecase). It's been dragged, dropped, snowed, rained, muddied. The threads don't wear, it still looks very new after I water it down and clean it off. I can't break the zipper for the life of me, and I've overstuffed it beyond capacity many times. The quality is very solid. I know there's a lot of other bags out there, but I've gone through about 15-20 different bags and this one really made a good impression on me.

Regarding the sleevecase though, it fits exactly to your laptop. I added the flap, shoulderstrap and piggyback to it. Makes a very good carrying case. The shoulderstrap has suspension straps in it, really makes a difference on your shoulder. They don't really explain enough on the site about the piggyback, but the piggyback can hold quite a bit. Mine holds my charger, extension cord, mouse, a few random cables like firewire, usb, ipod cables, earphones in earphone case, pens, and glasses case very well.

Anyways, that's my experience with that bag. Sounds like it fits exactly with what you need and no more. Yes, the price is 100% worth it.

3. EchohcE macrumors newbie

4. iVeBeenDrinkin' macrumors 65816

iVeBeenDrinkin'

Here is a thread that was started a few weeks ago. It has a lot of comments on bags for MBPs.

5. Solemony macrumors 6502

Solemony

Incase would be a good choice :)

6. mets1125 macrumors regular

Take a look at the crumpler chester squander. Another bag I liked was the incase plus

7. macrem macrumors 65816

macrem

8. StvRndy macrumors member

9. eldy macrumors 6502

Do any members here have firsthand experience with the F&F of the Coach Varick sleeve for the 15" Unibody MBP?

10. dudemac333 macrumors newbie

dudemac333

11. eldy macrumors 6502

12. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Try STM (StandardTM), BBP Bags, AppleSac, and Tucano.

I don't know what you mean by "nice". For something fancier, try Knomo, Zegari, or Acme Made. ;)

13. Sesshi macrumors G3

Sesshi

The relatively new Knomo Sterling doesn't seem to be a bad choice in that respect.

14. ksmith80209 macrumors 6502a

Anything by Tom Bihn (www.tombihn.com). I've got the checkpoint flyer with the inserts for the 15" MBP and the MBA and it is amazing. The attention to detail is top-notch and the service is pretty incredible. If you want a bag that is extremely well thought out from an outstanding company - get a Tom Bihn.

BTW - the "inserts" lock in to the bag, so you don't remove them unless you want to switch computer sizes.

15. MunnyGuy macrumors member