Best Bands With SBSS S4 Watch

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by ProtoMaster22, Oct 7, 2018.

1. ProtoMaster22 macrumors newbie

ProtoMaster22

I recently purchased a space black stainless steel series 4 Milanese loop watch and want to get a new band and keep the Milanese for special occasions, so I wanted to see what you guys are running on you’re watches and what combo’s look best with this color!:)

2. Xarthan macrumors regular

Xarthan

3. RonFromOregon macrumors member

4. tromboneaholic Suspended

tromboneaholic

The sport band (with the holes) looks like it has 2 pins rather than 1. I've seen those on Amazon, but have stayed away from them. Is it really like that, or is that just a rendering/illustration error?

5. RonFromOregon macrumors member

The one I received last week has just one pin. Not sure why it's pictured like that.

Attached Files:

6. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

I would agree, and I own a black Space link band. The Only downside is the price point. Otherwise I would have to vouch for a black leather band or black leather loop as my secondary favorite.

7. ZipZap macrumors 603

Get the Nike version of this band. Knockoffs are not as nice.

8. tromboneaholic Suspended

tromboneaholic

I agree, but at $7-$10 each and color options not offered by Apple, they are a good addition to the Apple bands.

9. staggerlee41 macrumors 6502

staggerlee41

If you're looking for a leather band, I highly recommend Form Function Form's offerings. Another forum member suggested this and I gave it a shot. The design is simple, yet outstanding, the quality is superb and the customer service is absolutely top notch. They will replace the band if there's any problem with it. Follow their sizing guide and you're golden. The location of the stud makes this band so incredibly comfortable to wear.

https://formfunctionform.com/product/button-stud-apple-watch-band/

I don't have space black, but a space gray aluminum and have it paired with Alpine Gray Suede and also Russet Chromexcel Natural. Both look great.

10. James.K.Polk macrumors 6502a

James.K.Polk

Absolutely love the Space Black link bracelet, and wear it for everything besides running. Have a Milanese that the fiancee wears, but would take the link bracelet over it 99% of the time, regardless.

11. ZipZap macrumors 603

Not if uncomfortable.

12. tromboneaholic Suspended

tromboneaholic

I haven't noticed discomfort (although some people have said they can have reactions to the silicone in the bands if they have an allergy).

The main differences I have noticed are the bands being slightly thinner, and on the two-toned Nike-style sport loops I had the primary color wear off in spots so the secondary color came through after about a year.

The Apple bands are definitely better all around, than the knock offs, but like I said it's nice to have additional choices.

13. RonFromOregon macrumors member

I actually like some of the knock-off better than Apple's bands. The white band I linked above, being thinner, somehow holds the watch body closer to my wrist, causing a lower profile overall. It also angles the watch so the face is slightly angled towards me, watching it easier to read.

14. Barbs macrumors 6502

Got a link? I’m not sure what one this is.

15. Spankey macrumors 6502a

Link Band

16. RonFromOregon macrumors member

$449. Ummm... wow.

17. tromboneaholic Suspended

tromboneaholic

Reviews (for both colors on Apple's site) of how the finish holds up are mixed.

18. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

Actually, that’s for the price for the space black link band, the regular stainless link band is $350. But when you want to pay for something of high-quality, ingenuity with the removable links and overall seamless design, I can attest that the link band is completely worth the price tag. Anyone that actually owns and appreciates the link band will easily back up my statement.

I do Realize that’s a high price tag for a smart watch band, but there is *nothing* else like it on the market.

19. hologram macrumors 6502

Looks like a great band, but in my situation, I’ll buy a $30+ clone on Amazon, and use the leftover $400 to buy an S5 next year. :rolleyes:

20. ProtoMaster22 thread starter macrumors newbie

ProtoMaster22

Thanks for the links and picture comments, I went to the Apple store yesterday and picked up the blue horizon sport band as I found I liked it best with this color of watch, I would also really like to see this Watch with the black leather loop. I almost grabbed the cape cod leather loop but I thought maybe I would wait and see if someone on here had it in black and see if that looks better. Keep the photos coming!:)

21. RonFromOregon macrumors member

Do you (or anyone else) have a Coupon Code for Form Function Form that you'd like to share?

22. Jason Hensley macrumors 6502

Jason Hensley

23. staggerlee41 macrumors 6502

staggerlee41

I don't have one. I've seen them out only maybe once a year. When I get an email on it, I'll post about it so others can take advantage of the deal.

24. a.y.n macrumors 6502

a.y.n

My main band is the space black link bracelet, if you search around here you can find them for way less than full Apple retail. I've had mine for over a year and it's great.

My watch came with the black sport band, I also have the white sport band, and the Nike black sport band. I think the SBSS looks nice with black and white mixed bands.

IMG_0490.jpeg