Best bang for the buck wireless charging solution?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by unclesam01, Mar 2, 2016.

1. unclesam01 macrumors member

Hey guys, I was looking for the most reliable and cheapest solution for wireless charging for my iPhone 6. I've seen a bunch of items on eBay and such but I would like your opinions and experiences.

I was looking for something around 20€ or so, it must have the receiver and the charging pad of course. And the seller has to ship to Portugal as well.

What are your recommendations?

2. unclesam01 thread starter macrumors member

3. Bromeo macrumors regular

Cue the crickets. I tried US$10 "wrap around" flexible "wireless" Qi charging adapter on my iPhone 5. It was intermittent, at best, and concerning at worst. The flexible plastic that made the charging coil indeed fit between the phone and my silicone case with a flat ribbon cable connecting to a concealed Lightning connector. The intermittent problem was the case thickness made the setup very sensitive to precise alignment with the Qi charging base. What gave me pause was the phantom screen taps the adapter created, accessing and even in one case dialing one of my contacts.

I've had Android phones with inductive charging like Qi, and it's just not all its cracked up to be vs. the speed and reliability of plugging in. Adding it aftermarket to an iPhone is a further compromise. I could see it integrated into a battery case, perhaps.

4. xixi.li macrumors regular