Best Battery Case?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by djuzi05, Oct 21, 2011.

1. djuzi05 macrumors regular

I'm thinking about getting a battery case for my iPhone 4s. I was thinking the Mophie Air since it's so well known, but I saw link for the phone suit on the banner here.

Any recommendations? I'm leaning towards the phone suit since it has "rapid-charging" but I haven't really heard of the company.

http://www.phonesuit.com/iphone-battery-case-phonesuit-elite-4

2. CJisohsocool macrumors 6502

Mophie juice pack plus. I was asking the same question a couple weeks ago and the mophie one was the only one that didnt have some issue.

3. KoukiFC3S macrumors 6502a

4. monkeylui macrumors 6502

5. twiggy0 macrumors 6502

Mophie Juice Pack Air hands down, best one out there. It's also $5 cheaper on Amazon, with free shipping. Link below.

Mophie Juice Pack Air

6. Nhwhazup macrumors 68000

Nhwhazup

Based on the tech reviews I found on the internet, I ordered the Phone Suit. I'll let you know how I like it. I mainly ordered it opposed to the others out there as I could get it in white and the reviews that test the products and their claims all actually say that the Phone Suit does live up to the full charge and then some as it has a battery with more juice.

I've give my review once I get it and use it for a week or so.

7. eyeseeyou macrumors 68000

My recommendations

Incase Snap

http://goincase.com/products/detail/snap-battery-case-ec20031

Since the ip4 already has great battery life the minimal extended battery life this battery case provides wasn't an issue for me. What was a main selling point for me with this case was the fact that it used the "standard" iphone charging cable making it a somewhat seamless battery expansion experience. No extra cables needed. Some people have complained about the aesthetics of this case, which I can understand but at the same time it is only used in specific situations.

On a side note I think there is a promotional discount for dealmac. com customers. I think around 40% off?

Apple Store Edition Mophie Juice Pack Air

In addition to the original mophie juice pack air's outstanding reviews, this Apple store exclusive redesign has made some appreciated changes. Dockability is an issue for most battery cases. With this redesign being able to dock your iphone while using a battery case is no longer an issue. The new design allows you to pull off the bottom half and dock your iphone. Another welcomed design change is the more "open" opening at the top of the battery case. While still providing the same great protection as the original case, this bigger opening at the top of the case allows the use of "studio" headphones which usually have a bigger headphone plug.

The biggest issue I'd say this case has would be the price. It's definitely on the higher priced side of whats available out there.

iwow battery case

http://www.iwowcases.com/iphone-4-backup-battery-charger-with-clip-red-p-3545.html

Although not a brand name I'd suggest this case for two specific reasons. 1 being that it uses that iphone sync cable to charge and two that it has a built in kick stand. The lack of a need for an additional cable to charge the battery case is icing on the cake. The kickstand is sprinkles on top of the icing. It isn't as dockable as the mophie but it does provide a similar amount of battery juice.

My honorable mention for a battery case would be the battery case provided by Tekkeon.

http://www.tekkeon.com/products-mypower-iphone-1280.html

Tekkeon provides a slim battery case which can be docked just as easily as the mophie battery case. The main difference is that Tekkeon provides extra batteries to be purchased and swapped out just in case you need even more juice.