Best battery for trackpad and wireless keyboard

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by tximacusr, Jul 19, 2012.

1. tximacusr macrumors member

I found that using Duracell batteries makes the fastest and best connection between the iMac and the trackpad and wireless keyboard.:apple:

2. hayduke macrumors 65816

hayduke

I'm curious to hear what others have to say. I have routine problems with my BT keyboard and trackpad dropping the connections and or repeating keystrokes or dropping keystrokes. If my batteries in both are near 100%, then things seem okay, but all the rechargeable I've tried drop quickly and then things don't work well. Even non-rechargables work poorly below ~75%.

3. tximacusr, Jul 19, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2012

tximacusr thread starter macrumors member

I wouldn't use rechargeable batteries for bluetooth.
    In time these batteries loose their charge and drain rapidly.

The other batteries I would recommend are, believe it or not, Radio Shack batteries!
    When I played in a band, these were recommended to me and they were the best lasting batteries ever.

As far as your BT connection make sure they are not located too far from the iMac; I'm assuming your setup is on a computer desk of sorts. Also, make sure there are no other BT connections around, this can interfere with their connections.

I had a BT keyboard that I used with my ipad, and every time I turned on the iMac, I noticed the wireless keyboard for the iMac didn't want to work. It took a while, but I realized the BT keyboard for the ipad wasn't allowing the keyboard for the iMac to connect.

4. NTurner42 macrumors regular

NTurner42

I use the rechargable Apple batteries for my wireless keyboard and they work great. I've had them for about a year and a half and I've had to charge them no more than 4 times. And I use the keyboard a ton playing World of Warcraft.

5. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

The best IMO are Sanyo Eneloops. I use them in the KB and the MM, they work fine, are good for 1500 charges, and pay for themselves very quickly. You need the dedicated charger too, but it's saved me a fortune in batteries already.