Best Bluetooth Earbuds (open necklace models) not headsets for Iphone?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by ynotrhyme, Feb 11, 2015.

1. ynotrhyme macrumors member

ynotrhyme

im really looking for functionality with the buttons. I just want the buttons to interact with ios 8 the same way it works with apples regular mic / earphones. I heard lg 730 is very compatible. Thanks yall!

2. jkeekij macrumors regular

+1 on Plantronics. I love mine and they are the best that I have found.

3. adamhenry macrumors 65816

adamhenry

4. SR71 macrumors 68000

Just got the Jaybird BlueBuds X yesterday and LOVE them. The tips aren't the most comfortable, but I got some Comply foam tips and now they're perfect. Great sound isolation, sound quality, all day (more like multi-day) battery life, great connection with no distortion or drops in quality, and most importantly... No delay when playing music through the headphones.

What I mean is when connecting the headphones to my Mac or iPhone, when I play a video the audio syncs in realtime. With the wireless Powerbeats 2, there was a delay where the video would show people speaking, but you wouldn't hear the audio until ~2-3 seconds later which was jarring and annoying.

5. eclipse01 macrumors 68020

eclipse01

I have used LG Tone+ for a few years now, and love them...great sound, distance and pretty comfy, not to mention battery life is very good!

6. Ladybug macrumors 65816

Ladybug

Another vote for LG Tone +. The LG works great for calls or music. I especially love that it vibrates on your neck when a call comes thru.

7. woodynorman macrumors 6502

8. CEmajr macrumors 601

Yet another vote for the LG Tone+ 730.

Excellent battery life, distance, and sound quality. Sometimes I even forget that I have them on. They easily last longer than a full day of use.

9. pooleman Suspended

pooleman

I also vote for the LG Tone. I really like them. I had to replace the earbuds because one got ripped out but I simply opened up the case and soldered new ear buds to the circuit board. A friend of mine gave me his old Bose in ear wired ear buds. I cut them free from the headphone adapter and soldered them for the circuit board. They sound great now.

10. yang macrumors newbie

The Jabra Rox, although the supplied tips/wings can be a hit-or-miss. The magnets on the back of the earbuds hold them together when not in use, toggling them off at the same time.

11. stephenward macrumors newbie

stephenward

12. sigomez macrumors regular

Jaybirds Bluebuds X hands done. Great customer service as well, I have had issues in the past with the headphones and the company is always willing to replace them with new headsets.

13. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Waiting for these babies....

Earin - The Worlds Smallest Wireless Earbuds https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1629248706/earin-the-worlds-smallest-wireless-earbuds

14. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

for those with the Bluebird X, how are you liking them still? I've heard that if you change songs/volume there is a beep that interfers with the music. Is this true? Also i've heard issues with using an iPhone 6? How is it using multiple devices (mac and iPhone)
    From the looks of it, they seem quite large and heavy? Are they?

15. ECUSnare macrumors regular

16. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

To answer your questions in order: Yes, there is that beep, and it's a bit annoying. I use mine with an iPhone 6 with no issues, not sure what the rumor is there. Also with an iPad, and they change between the two very easily, never tried it with a Mac though. I don't find them large or heavy at all, but I suppose it depends on your point of comparison.

17. JAG21979 macrumors member

I love my bluebird x headphones. I got them as a Christmas gift and they are solid. I wish the battery life was a little better, they probably give me about 4 hours of use. I play them at full volume because they don't get very loud, but sound excellent.

There is an annoying beep when you change the volume, but I've grown used to it. No issues with my IP6, but had issues with my Note 4. Large and heavy will vary depending on ear size and personal preference, but I have average ears and I use the medium size inserts and wings. If you buy from best buy, there are options to return if you aren't satisfied.