Best bluetooth earbuds?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by RMSko, Jan 7, 2017.

1. RMSko macrumors 6502

I'm in the market for new Bluetooth earbuds. I use my headphones mostly to watch video, but I also use them for music. At a minimum, I'd like the headphones to have the following two features:

1. Multipoint connection - I need the headphones to connect to two devices simultaneous so that if I pause one device and start playing the other, the sound immediately comes from the second device without any further action.

2. Noise isolation (or cancellation) (I commute on a bus and need to block out some of the ambient sound)

Here's a summary of what I've already tried:
    • AirPods - very cool, but they wouldn't stay in my ears. They also don't have multipoint connection and they let in a lot of ambient noise.
    • Bose QC30 - these were great and have everything I want except they are a bit bulky and have a neck band that is a bit uncomfortable
    • Bose Soundsport - These let in too much ambient noise
    • Jaybird X3 - These were almost perfect, but unfortunately I had some audio/video sync issues with my iPad
    • Sol Republic Shadow - I'm currently using these and they do everything I want, except the sound isn't that great so I'd prefer to upgrade if there's something better out there.
    Anyone have any thoughts?

2. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

Take a look at the Bragi line. Very expensive, but they offer a lot in terms of control and sound.

3. RMSko thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks. I have looked at those, but none of them support multipoint and since I frequently switch between my iPhone and iPad, that's something I need.

4. CharlesShaw macrumors 6502a

CharlesShaw

You've already found a pair that does bluetooth the way you want it. If you stop comparing their sound to others, your brain will get used to it. That will buy you some time so you can revisit this upgrade idea next year, after W1 has shaken up the market and everyone is scrambling to sell a better bluetooth experience.

5. dannyyankou macrumors 604

dannyyankou

Maybe wait for the BeatsX, they look promising

6. RMSko thread starter macrumors 6502

Agreed - they look like they may do everything I want. I saw the Jabra Elite Sport on sale today so I'm going to pick up a pair to try them out, but since they only actively connect to one device, I doubt I'll keep them. Just something to try though while I wait for the Beats ;)

7. pocketdoc macrumors 6502a

I wish the Airbuds would have worked, but they do not stay in my ears. I usually need extra material to hold them in.

Right now I am using Bose Soundsport. They have the best fit and stay in my ears. Tried others and they do not stay in.

I am waiting for the Bose Bluetooth version of their QuietControl buds. Love the noise cancellation on planes.

8. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

9. kyliepaulch macrumors newbie

The world offers hundreds of corded Bluetooth earbuds. No-name Chinese corded earbuds fill the pages of Amazon.com like grain in a silo. I have buddies who don’t care about sweat resistance, Bluetooth range, elegant controls and all that jazz; they just buy super cheapies (you can find ‘em for under $15), good enough for listening to podcasts and YouTube, and don’t care when they die or get lost. But if you do care about comfort, battery life, music quality, Bluetooth range, looks, sweatproofness, and features check out this link.