Best Bluetooth for iPhone - Motorokr T505

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by hawaiipoolman, Jun 20, 2009.

1. hawaiipoolman macrumors regular

Effective July 1st, Hawaii has a new driving law that prohibits the use of cell phones without a hands free device. So, I went shopping and reading reviews. I was looking for something to take advantage of the iPhone's new A2DP stereo bluetooth technology, I wanted something I could make calls, and listen to Pandora and my music in the car.

Well I just picked up the Motorokr T505 and this thing is the best, it works PERFECTLY with the iPhone. This thing works so perfectly that I started this thread. So my recommendation to you is to go and buy one. RadioShack, BestBuy, and Newegg.com are some of the places I found them prices range from $69 - $100. If its not for you, you can always return it.

2. Rayfire macrumors 68020

Rayfire

3. hawaiipoolman thread starter macrumors regular

it charges the device, and the builtin battery holds a 14 day charge. 8)

4. xerobane macrumors newbie

Hello,

I have the t505 and it worked really well for my LG Vu CU915 as far as hands-free dialing goes. I didn't have to do anything special other than press the little button with the phone icon and it automatically triggered the voice dial feature.

Today, I just got an iPhone 3G and I can't seem to figure out a way to make the T505 work in the same way. Is there a setting I'm missing on my iPhone or is there an app or something I can get that will pretty much work the same way? I'd really rather not pay AT&T the extra $4.99 a month for the voice-dial feature which isnt exactly 100% hands-free (still have to dial *8 first.)

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

5. psywzrd macrumors 68030

I've had one of these for at least 6 months now. I'm generally happy with it but I have a few complaints. The first is that the caller id function does not work (it's supposed to announce the phone number of the person that is calling you). Second is that my first unit must have been defective or something because it was constantly losing its connection with my iphone. I ended up sending it in to Motorola for warranty repair and they sent me a replacement. The replacement has been good so far so kudos to Motorola for taking care of that. The last complaint I have is the lack of hands-free (voice) dialing. I guess that's more the fault of the iphone than the T505 itself but people should be aware of that before they buy.

6. labman macrumors 604

labman

I have one also

I think most of the problems are more on the Iphone side I think when the official update comes out these issues will be fixed. the sound isn't perfect but compared to speding $300 I'll take it all day long. but I think the ability to use voice, possibly called id and changing track will all be fixed. so far nobody has complained as I talking to them driving down the road. fast connect too! But I think Apple needs to do a little better on the A2DP compatibility.