Best bluetooth headphones for iphone

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Dsr1205, May 13, 2008.

1. Dsr1205 macrumors 6502

2. 7on macrumors 601

7on

3. wrongrobot macrumors newbie

wrongrobot

DSR1205: So when you plug in the dongle, you presumably get the 'this isn't compatible' message, and ignore it. You get full feature sound from the earphones?

Without the bluetooth profile?

I tried several times with my Etymotic Bluetooth earbuds, and they fail.

It's my biggest hope for 2nd gen phone, even above the 3G support... just give me a bluetooth profile!

4. SamoanDude macrumors regular

So this thing never loses connection, unlike all my other bluetooth perephials? :mad:

5. 88Dino macrumors newbie

Bluetooth stereo headset for iphone

Is there a bluetooth stereo headphone option for iphone that can be used for making and receiving calls, listening to music, AND simpl pair with the iphone without having to plug in some type of powered sending unit into the iphone?

6. thunderclap macrumors 6502a

thunderclap

I'm wondering the same thing. I found a bluetooth stereo headset from Plantronics that looks amazing (the Voyager 855) but it's not iPhone compatible. I really want something like this.

Attached Files:

7. Riababe macrumors newbie

JayBird Bluetooth Headphones

Check these ones out. They seem to come up on Bluetooth Headphones and Bluetooth Headphones iPhone searches more than others. Designed for sports. I haven't bought the JayBirds but they look pretty nice. http://jaybirdgear.com

Attached Files:

8. Randman macrumors 65816

Randman

I bought the 855s last week and they work well. Less than $40 and so the price was right as well. Paired up effortlessly.

9. mymacrumorse macrumors member

Are you sure Plantronics Voyager 855 is not compatible with 3g or 3GS?

10. labman macrumors 604

labman

well

Randman said he was using them so seems like they work! :D

11. datamage macrumors member

I have the Plantronics Voyager 855s, and they work on the 3G + 3G S.

One thing to note however, some people have complained that I sound a bit distant when using them, while others say I sound fine. It's driving me nuts, cause the 855s provide the full package for me, and I'd hate to have to return them.

For those that have it, what's your experience with it? (Also, I thought I wasn't going to be a fan of A2DP - but music sounds pretty damn good with this headset)

12. Randman macrumors 65816

Randman

if you have a call, extend the boom mic out. 855s have worked fine for me so far, are comfortable and were affordable.

13. datamage macrumors member

I always have the boom mic out when talking. :| Maybe I don't talk loud enough, lol. I'd hate to go through the hassle of exchanging it for nothing..

14. joro macrumors 68020

joro

I got one of the BlueAnt V1’s on Friday and it’s been working great for me. The voice is good and the fit, with the expanding foam tips, has really sold me on the device. Plus, it also has built in voice control so it negates the fact that the 3GS doesn’t support that feature through Bluetooth…yet.

15. datamage macrumors member

Do the people you speak to, hear you loud and clear? And vice-versa?

What's the battery life like?

16. labman macrumors 604

labman

I just ordered the Voyager 855

on sale for 29.99 with free ship so I couldn't pass it up. Adoroma has Them as well as Buy.com. I have bought from both Buy.com says it ships from Adoroma so I bought from them. I trust them 100% Plantronics Voyager 855 Stereo $29.99 Free ship

17. mymacrumorse macrumors member

I ordered the same thing :D
    I'm going to replace this one with the Motorola S9 that I hve

18. SFC Archer macrumors 68000

SFC Archer

Read my review on this headset HERE

I have also have tested and used:

iSkin Cerulean F1 and they are usable but expensive and not as comfortable as the Plantronics I tested. They sound great but are the Apple Bud style wear and fall out of my ears. The stereo side is NOT removable and the iPhone and receiver side must be on the same body side or you get body block interference. These are currently my backup set as the Plantronics is the hands down winner right now.

I have also tested the Jabara BT8010 and they are a complete failure. Body interfearence even with just an arm or hand causes skipping. If iPhone goes into sleep mode, so does the headset. Earpieces continiously fall out of a friction style socket. They are just plain big and bulky and are in the fail bin of tested iPhone accessories.

19. joro macrumors 68020

joro

I haven’t had any complaints from any people I have spoken with and my wife actually said it was a lot better than my previous headset (Jawbone – which I hate by the way!). I also think the volume on my end is a little too high, I have it turned down all the way and it seems right, so I couldn’t image having it all the way up. In terms of the battery life, I’ve been pleasantly surprised; it’s definitely lasted about 1-2 days more than my Jawbone with heavy use. I also liked the fact that this headset comes with everything, car charger, A/C charger, and different style ear tips. Would highly recommend!

20. sd13 macrumors regular

Motorola s9HD

This headset looks, sounds and fits amazing. Especially while working out. Highly reccommended!

21. 88Dino macrumors newbie

An audiophile friend of mine just bought the Motorola S9-HD and seems to love it. He claims it has some type of surround sound option. Anyone else have any experience with this headset?

22. queentut1965 macrumors newbie

music & phone?

Is the Plantronics 855s compatible with listening to music on the iPhone AND talking on the phone?

I just bought a Plantronics Voyager 925 and it is not compatible for both, just talking on the phone. I got it yesterday, and now I am frantically searching for something besides an 'over-the-head' headset.

Please help me... Thanx!! RT

23. SFC Archer macrumors 68000

SFC Archer

Did you scroll up and click on my review??? It is about 5 posts up.

24. bob5820 macrumors 6502a

bob5820

Thanks for the tip, ordered mine a couple of days ago. Looks like there back up to $49.99

25. queentut1965 macrumors newbie

I got it a couple of weeks ago~

I did get this headset/Bluetooth a couple of weeks ago. It is best used to 'listen' but good to talk on as well. My needs were as such that I wanted both and this is the best for 'both'. If I was not on the move so much @ work I would have one Bluetooth to talk on and one to listen to music on. But that would defeat the whole purpose of not having to change anything, and listen only.

While talking on the phone with this device it seems that I must cup my words so the person on the line can hear me clearly. If they are speaking they cannot hear me AT ALL. I guess it acts like a speaker while the other person is talking.

:confused:For example, I was talking with a friend yesterday and she was in the heat of conversation and I had a 'beep' from a VIP (client) and I needed to speak to him. I tried to tell (loudly, over and over) my friend to please hold on; but she could not hear me... Since she couldn't hear me, I just pushed hold while she was still talking because I had to get the other call... I just called her back and explained...

I am not dissing the Bluetooth, because I am enjoying it the speaker effect is the only problem. I do recommend this one!!:)