Best Bluetooth Headphones for the iPad, and maybe the iPhone

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by Chip NoVaMac, May 12, 2010.

1. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

Looking for a stereo BT headphone for use with the iPad. Would be great if it worked with the iPhone.. but that is not a killer here. May give up the iPhone here. :eek: Not sure on that as of yet.

Thanks for the help. :)

Thought there was a Rocketfish headset that was highly rated... but lost the link to it. :(

2. robotartfashion macrumors 6502

3. Chip NoVaMac thread starter macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

4. Dogpilot macrumors member

I work with three bluetooth devices around my three platforms, the iPhone, iPad and the Mac. They all have specific uses, depending on what I'm doing. The first one I use a lot is the Sony BT-100CX and earbud style unit. I use it mostly on my mountain bike, clipping the dongle (about the size of a USB Flash Drive) to my helmet. The unit works as a headset as well and does fine with incoming/outgoing phone calls and sounds fine on the built in mic. It needs a tad of treble boost in the EQ to suit my tastes. It does work just fine with the iPad and the Mac. I got it for $40 from Amazon. It has its own volume control, but since Apple has not implemented the full EDR 2.1 on any of the platforms yet, I still have to stop to advance over tracks I don't want to hear. It does originate and receive calls as well as respond to voice command to control the iPod functions. I like this over wired solutions as the wire transmits the noise of the wires rubbing on my body as well as wind noise directly to my ears.

My other device I use a lot is the Sennheiser MM400 headset. A pricey but comfortable and very, very nice sounding device. It has incredible range, allowing free roaming of the house. It is fantastic on the phone and even works well with MacSpeech Dictate. It has its own volume control and last quite a while on a charge. It too charges through a USB port or power supply. Unfortunately it needs a special plug on its side, as it has a very small flat connector. I provides me with yet another USB cable unique to a device. Quite an octopus growing out of my charging station, two Apple connectors, a Sennheiser, a couple straight USB B plugs. It also comes with wires, if you do not want to be remote or have run out of power and has the special airline plugs if you would ever want to connect to their system. If you have the money, it is worth the price.

The last bluetooth goodie I use is the BluBridge mini-jack Rx. I use this in the car to couple my phone or pad to the stereo wirelessly. Cool cheap device, recharges on USB as well. You can plug a headset into it if you want to use it that way. It to is the size of a Flash Drive and last about 4 hours on a charge. I got is as well at Amazon for $49.

I am still looking for a replacement small in ear bluetooth device. I really liked my Apple one, and yes I am an army of one on that device. It was tiny and worked flawlessly for me. I still use it, although its battery life is getting short now. I have tried the Jawbone, which should be fitted to an ass. It could be used as a torture device in Iraq, with none of its myriad of adaptors fitting well. It looked like I was being attacked by a large microbot on a cheap Sci-Fi movie. It was a disappointing POS, after being reviewed by so many favorably. I also really didn't like its charging cable suction cup like device. Did I say I didn't like it?

Some day soon, a device that pleases me will come out again. In the meantime, the pack of gizmos I have work well for their chosen niches. I also need one that displays a sign floating above my head that I am on the phone and not suffering a schizophrenic break with reality. That way my employees will not come up and start machine gunning into a report until I do the universal hand gestures I am on the phantom phone.

5. TheScappian macrumors regular

6. Chip NoVaMac thread starter macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

Finally broke down and tried two BT headsets today. The Plantronics 903 and the Rocketfidh RF-BTHP02.

I had some concerns about the fit of the Rocketfish.... some reviews make it seem that it is a bad fit. I have what I consider to have a "large" head and this Rocketfish is feeling fine after an hour and a half.

The BT range is awesome so far compared to the 903's.

So far the Rocketfish rock here....

7. cc2096 macrumors regular

cc2096

I have the Sennheiser MM400 which are absolutely amazing. They are right inline SQ wise with Sennheiser's wired product lines. They get about 30hrs of battery life but they also come with a regular 3.5mm cord so you can use them as wired if the battery is dead. Comes with a nice travel case too. In fact the only thing I don't like about them is the inherent flaw in ALL BT headphones, the delay. While listening to music it doesn't really bother me, but when watching video it is very annoying not to have the audio matched to the video.

BTW i've used these with my iPhone, iPad, uMBP 15 & my AW M11x and they have worked with all of them flawlessly (except the delay).

8. saintpako macrumors newbie

Hey,

I am using an Accutone BT headset for my iPad AND my iPhone, it works pretty good. Excellent battery life, and decent price too.

You may want to check them out?

Pako :apple:

9. Love Juice macrumors regular

i have two that i use when i'm working out or in the yard.

i use the motorola s9-hd which have decent sound though the bass is a bit bloated. you can't lay your head back since the headband is solid, so it pushes them forward if you do.

the other one i use is an altec lansing backbeat which are more comfortable with good sound and since the headband is loose, you can lay down and not feel it on the back of your head. there will be no audiophile headphones if that's what you're looking for. i'm used to my denon d7000's, so it's rough coming down from something like that.

10. drbizzaros macrumors newbie

Headphones

I personally would recommend the nokia bh505's. I use them for every thing (Macbook, Ipad & iphone),

www.allthingswireless.co.uk (believe they sell them here......)

11. Born Again macrumors regular

I've gone through several

I really enjoyed the moto over the ear behind the head but they got wet and stopped working.

I also used some $10 pair from samsung. Worked but broke within a few months

Finally a pair that's outlasted them all is my Sony bt 50 headPhones

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000PCCLPU/ref=mp_s_a_3?qid=1305759669&sr=8-3

People should mention if u have video lag and I have none with these and watching movies on my iPad. I love them and they are comfy.

I do also use them on my iPhone. Go go to sbs and turn on/off bt and ur in!

Let me know if u have any questions

12. glen e macrumors 68030

use any earbud with bluetrek.com - musiccall - use the phone too!

13. pbateman.as macrumors member

pbateman.as

I have these as well and highly recommend them. They sound great, fold up nicely for travel and they are very comfortable. I use them with iPhone, iPad and MacBook.

14. michplant macrumors newbie

Nokia BH-505

Interesting thread - but I to would have to agree on the Nokia BH-505 as being up there if not the best.

They are buy far the best looking out of all the bluetooth headphones I've seen. You can also get them in a variety of colours now (Silver, White, Black)

The BH505 also has fantastic sound quality and great base compared to a Motorola S9 that I previously owned. The battery life is again far superior to the S9's or maybe thats because my S9s were so old that the battery had faded - I Don'd know.....!

What i really like is the fact that they still fit when I have my glasses on. I am short sighted and always need them for close reading viewing so the fact these fit over so well is a massive plus.

Finally they are also extremely easy to connect and I also have them paired up with my Macbook Air and iPhone.....

I also purchased from All Things Wireless - http://www.allthingswireless.co.uk, not because of the previous mention in this block but because a mate of mine used them....

15. EDH667 macrumors 6502a

EDH667

I have to agree that the Sennheiser MM400 are fantastic headphones. I have owned several different ones and these are by far the best. I don't notice a delay at all while watching iPad videos on HBO Go etc. I even picked up a pair of refurbished ones on Amazon for about half off which even came with the manufactures warranty. I also own a pair of the MM 100's which are also good with exceptional range all over the house.

16. Ronnoco, Jun 26, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2011

Ronnoco macrumors 68030

Ronnoco

I have to say, I've been very satisfied with the Plantronics/Altec Lansing Backbeat 906's. They work very well with iPhone4/iPad2, and also come with a transmitter so they can be used with just about any electronic gear. I use them with my Sony NX710 3D tv as it does not have a headphone out. I just hook up the transmitter to the "audio out" via RCA Stereo to Mini stereo cables and they work perfectly with unnoticeable video to audio delay. I also use them with my iPhone4, MacBook Air and my MacBook Pro...pretty good sound quality and relatively comfortable for behind the neck headphones. Got them for $65.00 at Amazon about a year or so ago...

17. Lenow macrumors regular

Outdoor technology tags are great

I am a big fan of the outdoor technology tags. They just work. They are shipping with a light plastic ear hook that keeps them stable even at the gym. They are light and comfortable. The wire attachment that connects them behind your head is a. Great idea when you want them to just hang.

18. Zandian macrumors regular

If you like the Apple headset size and style, check out the SoundID 510. It has great battery life, great sound and fits well even without an earloop. I've had mine for awhile now and I love it. I've had the Apple, Bose, Bang & Olufssen, Plantronics Discovery 975 and Voyager Pro, Jawbone, Jawbone Icon, BlueAnt T1, Q1, Q2 - and the SoundID 510 is the only one I've stuck with. I've been very happy with it. They even have recommended audiologists who can make a tailored earpeace for it if you want, but I haven't found a need for it.

Z

19. Digidesign macrumors 6502

I've got these:

[​IMG]

Sony MW600 Bluetooth Stereo Headset / Headphones

Pairs with iPhone, iPad, Macbook Pro, and has a Radio too, and can switch between all of these with a single button push. Nice thing is you can plug in whatever headphones you want, though the included earbuds work well too.

20. zhoulana macrumors member

21. Mr.C macrumors 601

I've got the same and as I'm not a fan of ear bud headphones ( they feel uncomfortable and hurt my ears ) I use this with my Senheiser PX-200 headphones. The combination really works well with great sound output.

22. cyzone macrumors newbie