Best Bluetooth Headsets

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by airwalke, Dec 25, 2008.

1. airwalke macrumors member

Hey all, I'm looking for some advice regarding Bluetooth headsets. I'd like to be able to use one with my iPhone for when I'm on the go, as well as using it for voice chat through my Powerbook's bluetooth receptor. I was thinking about getting the Plantronics Voyager 510 headset, but I'd still like some second opinions on what to get that will be able to do this.

2. jmccullough108 macrumors 6502a

jmccullough108

I have tried the apple one, it works well, I liked it. But the Aliph Jawbone 2 is by far my favorite.

We have a review posted here,
    http://tinyurl.com/6xnpt5

:cool:

3. coolant113 macrumors 6502

coolant113

i just got a jawbone 2 last night for christmas.. and it is by far the best headset i have ever owned.. not even comparable in my eyes.. get the jawbone 2:apple::apple:

4. Bobioden macrumors 68000

Bobioden

I have the Plantronics 925 and it is working out great for me.

5. Hellion macrumors member

Hellion

6. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

Actually, you 3rd it... ;) And I 4th it. :D

7. airwalke thread starter macrumors member

I didn't even know about the 925... And I liked the feedback it got, so I placed the order earlier. I appreciate the Jawbone recommendations, but in the end, I got too many negative comments through word-of-mouth (except here!) Will respond later when I have impressions.

8. gjw4u macrumors 6502

I have been using the Samsung WEP200 Bluetooth headset for the past 1.5 years, and really like it. I also think the little charging case it comes with, is great for keeping the thing safe in my bookbag.

9. Daremo macrumors 68000

Daremo

I'm quite happy with the Contour Metal. Small, light, and works well.

10. NonBorn macrumors newbie

Anyone can compare the Plantronics 925 BT, the jawbone 2 BT and the Sony PS3 Bluetouth? I mostly want it for my iPhone and I just want the best available sound quality from a BT headset... Right now I have a Samsung WEP 410 and Im very disappointed with the quality of sound I get... The mic is too low... And I cant hear the one Im talking to clearly...

Any suggestions? Thanx

11. diesel macrumors 6502a

i have the 925 but i can't figure out if i'm really putting it into my ear the right way!!!

the little knob thing at the end, whether it goes into the ear at a perpendicular angle to secure the headset, or if it remains level with the rest of the earphone but gets "tucked" in the folds at the back of the ear or something.....

12. eldermusic macrumors newbie

Jawbone 2

I'VE READ REVIEWS ON THE JAWBONE 2 and I've just ordered my Jawbone 2

13. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

I've got an older Plantronics Voyager 510 and my wife has the newer Voyager 520. Both are excellent in both loudness and quality for the other end. The battery life is also longer lasting than most. I've never tried the Jawbone but I've read in reviews that it isn't worth the money. NASA uses plantronics to make their custom headsets so I figure their tech trickles down. So far we've been very pleased with the quality for the money.

14. jazz1 macrumors 65816

jazz1

Voice Dialing?

I've gone from a BB 8830 to an iPhone. Does any BT headset support voice dialing with the iPhone? I'm guessing not as it does not appear that Apple's own BT headset supports this. What is up with that? Got the same problem with a Superant Hands-free unit with the iPhone. They told me Apple won't let them into the iPhone so they can make phone calls from their product.

15. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

I'm using the Motorola H12 MotoPure w/noise-canceling; great price, comes with two chargers and a nice clip for the BT headset...

16. Zandian macrumors regular

I've been through many many of them and i settled on the Bang & Olufsen Earset 2. Great sound quality. Every once and a while noise cancellation not the best in certain wind circumstances, but all in all, very happy with it. It costs a little more, but I use it multiple times each day so it was worth it to me.

Z

17. Artificial-I macrumors newbie

I think because the iphone doesnt support voice dial. Unless you have an app for it and then im sure it should with that.

18. Rambler76 macrumors newbie

hello all,

I've had my iphone 3G (v2.2.1) for about a month and in that time I've been subjected to abuse from my wife because she cant hear me on my bluetooth headset in the office.

The headset is a relatively new Sony Ericsson PV708 headset.

I know it isn't the headset as I was using with a HTC PDA previously and I could be heard fine.

As all of the decent bluetooth headsets aren't available in Australia, they're usually sold at higher prices due to currency/shipping/etc by retailers willing to ship here. So I guess I'm looking for a headset that will work well with the iphone 3G as it will cost me a bit each time I shell out for a new one.

I'm leaning towards the Plantronics Voyager 835 which is AUD$150 delivered. This headset seems to have a similar ear hook to the Sony Ericsson headset so it looks like it will be a comfortable fit.

Ive also looked at the jawbone 2 which will set me back about AUD$210.
    it comes with detachable ear hooks that reminds me of the Jabra BT4010 that just wouldnt fit right and I eventually had to sell after using it for less than a day.

What are peoples recommendations in regard to a headset that works well with the iphone 3G and that has a comfortable fit?

Also anyone using the Plantronics Voyager 835 with the iphone 3G, I'd like to hear from you.

Thanks