Best Bluetooth keyboard for iMac

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by brentg33, Jul 2, 2014.

1. brentg33 macrumors 6502a

Hi all
    I'm looking for a bluetooth keyboard for my iMac..... i wanted one with a number pad too. I looked at the solar logictech only to find out it wasn't bluetooth......there is one i found from ihome, but not sure about the brand.....any suggestions would be great

thanks

2. edtorious macrumors 65816

edtorious

I'm looking for the same thing too! Any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

3. Apple fanboy macrumors Core

Apple fanboy

4. fhall1 macrumors 68040

fhall1

Here's the one I'm using with my 2012 Mac Mini - got it from ebay:

Attached Files:

5. bluespark macrumors 65816

Why Apple doesn't offer a Bluetooth extended keyboard is absolutely beyond me. Needing a keypad doesn't mean we want a wire!

6. CtotheP macrumors regular

7. APlotdevice, Jul 6, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2014

APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

The Bluetooth version doesn't have a num-pad though. In fact almost no BT keyboards do. That old Apple one mentioned above is the only one I know of. I suppose this is because BT keyboards are usually either A) designed to mimic the current Apple wireless keyboard, or B) meant for mobile devices and thus need to be compact.

8. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Don't know, just grabbed a cheap PC keyboard, and flipped control and option keys under system preferences.

Might not have all the function keys the Mac Keyboards have mapped, but that wasn't a problem for me.

9. ThrawnTHX macrumors member

Try Matias Laptop Pro Keyboard for Mac

I'm a crazy keyboard guy. I literally have a closet filled with peripherals and this keyboard is by far the absolute best in terms of a bluetooth keyboard for Mac.

The built-in battery will easily last you six months on a single charge. Also, if you have a preference for a mechanical keyboard that's quiet (Alps based keys), this is the only game in town. Finally, the characters are laser etched on the keys, so no wearing.

Now if you can handle a wired keyboard, check into Happy Hacking Keyboards and prepare for sticker shock :cool:

Ugh, just saw you wanted a number pad. Not many great options...

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      152.2 KB
      Views:
  10. DZ/015 macrumors 6502a

DZ/015

As for Matias, I purchased a Matias tactile pro keyboard. Loved it for a year and a day. The thing failed just after the warranty ended. One key press produced several inputs. Push the E (and other) key once and several are registered. I now have a $130 doorstop.

No response from Matias when I emailed them. I will never buy another of their products. Your mileage may vary. My experience with them was bad. Very bad.