Best Bluetooth Mouse besides Mighty Mouse...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by surftex363, May 31, 2009.

1. surftex363 macrumors newbie

I need help, I need to fine a new mouse for my new macbook pro. I do some gaming and Photoshop, so it needs to be lazer and have good fast/accurate tracking.
    Im not a fan of the mighty mouse. Its not really comfortable, nor does it have wonderful tracking. Plus, the click is loud and the right click is kind of a hassle when gaming.

http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Bluetooth-Notebook-Mouse-Windows/dp/B000TG4BA0

I looked at that mouse and it seems to be the best for value. Please comment on that or suggest another. And yes, i do realize i cant use expose with a diff mouse, ill live without it...

Thanks in advance,
    Joey

2. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Bluetooth mice will inherently lag so no matter which model you choose the response will be the same.

That said I currentlyhave a Logitech V470; that Microsoft mouse is also very good.

3. surftex363 thread starter macrumors newbie

ive heard that the v470 is pretty small, and you get hand crampage if your hands are big. I have big hands, will it be a problem?

4. POX macrumors member

POX

I was seeking a bluetooth mouse and got the v470.

My opinion is that the mouse lags a lot, after 3 to 5 seconds of unuse enter on sleep mode and when I try to move the pointer it jumpes to one point to another.

Ps: Sorry for my english.

5. ViciousShadow21 macrumors 68020

ViciousShadow21

i have very big hands and i found the small mice to be a problem for me. i also am not a fan of bluetooth mice because of the lag. but if you can find it the Logitech MX-900 was one of the best.

6. spaceballl macrumors 68030

spaceballl

I hate being the "do a search" guy, but I think you should. There are numerous threads about this topic, all giving excellent advice. And to clarify, i'm saying to search these forums, not a google search. There have been many lengthy discussion about this topic :D.

And as long as we're talking about this, then i'll chime in and say i've had nothing but poor experiences with all four bluetooth mice I've used. The best mice are the RF mice that come with dongles. Specifically, I like Logitech and Microsoft. Currently, I'm using one of Microsoft's bluetrack based mice, and I couldn't be happier with it.

7. SpitzerCR macrumors regular

8. POX macrumors member

POX

My opinion is: stay away of bluetooth mouses. ;)

9. skye12 macrumors 65816

skye12

I ditched my Logitech for a Kensington Slimblade Trackball-its really nice.

10. Stang68 macrumors 6502a

Stang68

11. TXBDan macrumors regular

I'm really happy with my Microsoft Bluetooth Notebook Mouse 5000.

12. ViciousShadow21 macrumors 68020

ViciousShadow21

agreed. +1

13. hapoo macrumors newbie

I have a Microsoft Notebook Presenter 8000 Mouse which used to work really really well with my windows laptop. With OSX it lags so much and tracks so poorly its practically unusable. :(

14. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Well it's designed for portability; I would say I have normal sized hands and yes the V470 is a bit small; of course I don't actually use a mouse because I have a laptop, but when I'm plugged in (AKA hooked up to a monitor), I use a MX Revolution :)

Like I said in my post, Bluetooth mice will lag no matter what. Get a VX Revolution.

15. isaki87 macrumors regular

I don't like bluetooth mice because of the lag, however I hate most USB mice, because of the large receivers. So the compromise for me was the Logitech VX Nano, its not bluetooth, and receiver is tiny. Great mouse too.

16. throttlemeister macrumors 6502a

That's what I thought. Except I now have it for about 4 weeks, and I am on my 3rd(!) set of batteries. No, I don't turn it off. I never turn a mouse or keyboard off. I have a MS mouse on my PC and it runs for a year with the same 2 AA batteries. Don't have to turn that off either. This one's going in the trash and I am getting another MS mouse for my MBP.