Best Bluetooth Mouse for around $100

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by xXriderXx7, Dec 21, 2007.

1. xXriderXx7 macrumors 6502a

xXriderXx7

Hi.
    Im looking for a good, multi-buttoned bluetooth mouse for my iMac, that would be able to activate spaces, expose, dashboard with at max one spare button.

I am really impressed with the Logitech MX Revolution, but really dont have any USB ports to spare for the dongle.

Does anybody know of a good mouse that would fit my needs?

2. xXriderXx7 thread starter macrumors 6502a

xXriderXx7

Yeah
    Ive seen that one, but being a diehard Mac lover, and the fact that
    i have heard of bluetooth pairing issues, I dont really intend on purchasing it.

Any other suggestions?

3. ~David macrumors regular

~David

Unfortunately that and the Apple Mighty Mouse are the only two real options. All others are either mini notebook mice or just don't have any extra buttons.

I haven't heard of any pairing issues with the Microsoft Laser Mouse 8000. And just because you're a diehard Mac lover doesn't mean you can't get it, after all, whatever other mouse you might get won't be Apple either.

4. xXriderXx7 thread starter macrumors 6502a

xXriderXx7

Yeah
    That is what I am coming to realize.

I have no idea if this is even out there.
    But is there some sort of Bluetooth Hub that would enable the dongles to be plugged into it, and that signal transmitted via bluetooth to my iMac?

I hope you understand what I am trying to say, I cant figure out how to explain it any better.

5. Big-TDI-Guy macrumors 68030

Big-TDI-Guy

If there are no extra USB ports on your keyboard - get yourself a nice USB hub and get a MX Revolution.

It's a great mouse - and can do a LOT MORE than you're looking for. (especially if you are clever with your mappings)

Expose, Dashboard, Show Desktop, Spaces, Zoom In, Zoom Out, Page Forward, Page Backward, Spotlight (large user / full screen mode), Quick-Look, Font Zoom - to name some of them. (those are just global settings - there are also several layers of app specific functions, too)

I have heard the logitech driver software for the MX Revolution has come a long way (it was garbage when I got it) - that said - I got Steermouse - and refuse to part ways with it.

6. MikeyTree macrumors 6502

There are USB hubs, which bluetooth dongles could plug into, but they'd have to connect to your computer via a usb cable. I've never heard of a "wireless usb hub."

Besides, isn't the main attraction of using bluetooth that you don't have to mess with dongles?

7. xXriderXx7 thread starter macrumors 6502a

xXriderXx7

I think Im going to buy the MX Revolution.
    Does anybody know where I can find a good deal on one?

8. Big-TDI-Guy macrumors 68030

Big-TDI-Guy

Quick Search - $55.00 (with shipping) on Amazon. (under "buy new or used" tab - scroll down to "new" section)

You might score with a refurb too (35 bucks or so) - being that one of the main problems these had before - was defective Lithium batteries. So they probably were in good condition - just needed a new battery.

Might be worth it. But buying new does give you the 3 year warranty that goes with them.

9. ~David macrumors regular

~David

I have a VX Revolution right now. It's smaller than a standard mouse but bigger than a notebook mouse which is great. It has the perfect amount of buttons too.

I have never been happier with a mouse. Like Big-TDI-Guy said, the drivers have a come a long way (It uses the same drivers as the MX), but they're still not the greatest. I use Steermouse as well.

It might not be bluetooth, but if I ever run out of USB ports, I'll just get a hub.

10. xXriderXx7 thread starter macrumors 6502a

xXriderXx7

Came up with same result.
    :D

One more quick newbie question, when purchasing from amazon, itll will arrive as if I went out and purchased it at the store, still shrink wrapped and everything?

Sorry, but Ive never purchased from Amazon before,

11. Big-TDI-Guy macrumors 68030

Big-TDI-Guy

If you're buying new - yes. It LIKELY will come in a regular brown box - but the retail packaging will be inside it. SOMETIMES they do ship the product IN the retail package - but they specifically call that out before you buy. (my Logitech Z5500 speakers shipped in their retail box - everything else has been brown box with retail inside)

I (#*$ing love Amazon. ESPECIALLY this time of year. (can't stand shopping in crowded malls, ect) Not to mention - you can search and compare online - then search and sort through Amazon.

It's addicting.

You've been warned.

12. xXriderXx7 thread starter macrumors 6502a

xXriderXx7

Thank you for the reassurance.
    Ill purchase tomorrow.

Yeah.
    I really dislike crowded shopping malls/places.
    Too many people, too much noise, too much everything.

Haha

Thank you for all your help.
    :D

13. xXriderXx7 thread starter macrumors 6502a

xXriderXx7

Just wanted to say, the mouse is awesome.
    I love the free spinning wheel.
    If anybody reads this thread, I highly recommend the Logitech MX Revolution.

[​IMG]

14. absurdio macrumors 6502