Best Bluetooth Mouse?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by roadbloc, Dec 2, 2010.

1. roadbloc macrumors G3

roadbloc

My USB mouse has come to the end of it's life. I need a replacement, and have decided to go for the bluetooth option, rather than another wired mouse.

I have narrowed my search down to three products.
    Microsoft Bluetooth Notebook Mouse.
    Logitech V470 Wireless Bluetooth Lazer Mouse.
    Apple Magic Mouse.

Having read the Amazon reviews, I'm still unsure. I have little experience with mice, however these are my priorities:
    • Ease of use.
    • Best intregration with my mac
    • Battery Life
    • Accuracy

Can anyone advise me one which is best? Or offer another option to my list?

2. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

You should try the Magic Mouse before buying. Some people don't find it very comfortable, which is true. The lack of real buttons may also be annoying.

If ease of use is the #1 concern, then I would avoid Magic Mouse. It does its job but sometimes I lose my temper with it. Doesn't click, clicks three times, doesn't click, right-clicks. I'm using BetterTouchTool so clicking is just a tap, but still.

A normal mouse with buttons is still the king IMO. Its functions come from the backbone.

3. wvuwhat macrumors 65816

wvuwhat

I bought a Magic Mouse blindly, expecting to hate it. However, I really like it and wouldn't have anything else after becoming accustomed to 2 finger forward and backward in the browser.

4. gr8whtd0pe macrumors 6502a

gr8whtd0pe

I love my magic mouse, especially over the blue tooth mighty mouse. MagicPrefs (http://magicprefs.com/) is a must though.

5. steve2112 macrumors 68040

steve2112

I agree 100%. I personally would go with the Logitech because I love their mice and I love buttons. I was given a Magic Mouse, and I ended up hating the shape and lack of buttons. Then again, I like bigger mice like the Logitech MX Revolution and the Performance MX. I just got a Logitech Anywhere MX mouse for my laptop and I love it. It's not Bluetooth, though.

6. roadbloc thread starter macrumors G3

roadbloc

Cheers for the replies... Going to test the Mighty Mouse tomorrow probably.

7. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

Sorry I miss this thread but figure I would add in my thoughts on it.
    I am going to assume you are looking for a mouse to work with on your laptop so one that you can toss in a bag and go.

I own the Microsoft one and think it is great. Hell when I though I lost mine I bought another one. Now I only use it when I am not at home with my laptop so it lives in my backpack when not in use but I find it fits really well for my hand and very importantly it has a back button and an on/off switch. At home I am using the 2.4 ghz mice and a wireless keyboard but bluetooth there is not an important issue as it my laptop is set up more like a desktop when I am home.

Just figure I would say the Microsoft one is really great. Sadie I ahve not found a good 5 button laptop bluetooth mouse or I would be all over it.

8. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

I have that Logitech one and I like it a lot. I can throw it in my laptop bag and take it with me, and not have to worry about a dongle.

There is no way in hell I could use it full time as it's too small, but when on the go, it's great. The only thing I would replace it with is a Bluetooth version of my Logitech MX mouse that has 20 thousand buttons on it, if they ever made a BT version.

9. KeriJane macrumors 6502a

KeriJane

My two favorite mice are the Mighty Mouse and Magic Mouse.

Neither is perfect but they've got staying power.

The much maligned Mighty Mouse's scrollball is prone to getting dirty but is easily cleaned. I've got 2, both going on 3 years and they work as new.

The Magic mouse is fantastic, but sometimes I prefer the scrollball of the Mighty Mouse. It's nice to have both.

Battery life is pretty good too.

Have Fun,
    Keri

10. SpookTheHamster macrumors 65816

SpookTheHamster

The Apple mice are out of the question for me, as they don't have the ability to do more than one thing at a time (ie, left + right click, or left + middle click), which I need to do in CAD. They also won't register a right click if you have your left finger down too.

I bought a Razer Orochi. It's really comfortable, I think it looks good and the battery has lasted me a long time so far.

11. cube macrumors G5

I have the V470 and it still works after having fallen from the desk many times.
    It's called "for notebooks", but the size is right.

12. roadbloc thread starter macrumors G3

roadbloc

Thanks for the replies. After trying out all three mice, I was going to go for the V470. This was because the Microsoft Mouse was just too small and the Magic Mouse was too expensive for what it did.

I then saw a Magic Mouse going ridiculously cheap on Amazon, and decided to order that instead.

13. weckart macrumors 68040

Care to share what you thought was ridiculously cheap?

14. roadbloc thread starter macrumors G3

roadbloc

One was going for £15 (+£1.30 p&p), which, compared to the £30(ish) price of the Microsoft and Logitech and the £40-50 price tag on the rest of the Magic Mouse offers on Amazon, I thought I'd grab a bargain while I could.

Hell, if I later discover that the Magic Mouse isn't for me, I can easily sell it for more than I bought it.