Best Bluetooth mouse?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by jaydieu, Sep 5, 2012.

1. jaydieu macrumors newbie

I'm looking to buy a good Bluetooth mouse that I can potentially play games with. Not looking to spend too much on just a mouse though. Your feedback is greatly appreciated!

2. rpmucha23 macrumors newbie

I use a Logitech Performance MX mouse, best i have ever owned. Planning to get the Anywhere MX for my Macbook Air.

I am a "Palm" gripper, if you are "Claw" gripper your preference maybe different than mine. The shape of the mouse compliments people who palm the mouse.

[​IMG]

3. jaydieu thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks for your input, but im looking for a bluetooth without the usb reciever, like the magic mouse, but thats probably not ideal for gaming use

4. rpmucha23 macrumors newbie

Ah.... I apologize, i completely glossed over the "Bluetooth" requirement. I also searched for a decent gaming Bluetooth mouse, because i didn't want to eat up 1 of the only 2 usb ports on my MBA / rMBP. The one that kept coming up in my searches was the Razer Orochi. Although i was somewhat scared off by the complaints of the over-agressive sleep settings on it. It is also somewhat of a smaller mouse, because it was meant to be toted around with a laptop. Logitech (V470) and Microsoft (BT-Notebook) are non-gaming oriented mice, that are also the smaller mobile size.

Seems that a lot of gaming companies that make gaming mice opt not to go Bluetooth due to polling rate limitations that may cause latency issues.

5. edk99 macrumors 6502a

6. AppleDApp, Sep 11, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2013

AppleDApp macrumors 68020

AppleDApp

7. DaveNinja macrumors 6502

DaveNinja

I picked up a Motorola bluetooth mouse from Woot for 25 bucks and it worked great for a day or two, now i cant get it to pair with any of my computers (os x or windows). maybe i'll return it and get the logitech V470

8. dschultz macrumors newbie

I have been using the Logitech M555b for about three weeks now.

I purchased it at the Apple Store.

It works well on my Macbook Pro 13 (Early 2011)

9. phased macrumors member

hi all,

i to am looking for a BT mouse. my main gripe with the BT mice i've used in the past have been the slight yet incessant lag and consequent loss in confidence - which is particularly hampering as i draft.

of late i've been using a logitech m505 mouse which uses a USB dongle to run on wireless 2.4GHz. far greater responsiveness than i've experienced with BT mice but now my new wireless router is interfering :(

not interested in the mac mice as i need a physical scroll wheel with ability to push that scroll wheel left / right. a full-size mouse (at the very least, not 'small') would be preferred. and of course, no-lag is the name of the game here.

am i asking too much of BT?

10. Signal-11 macrumors 65816

Signal-11

The Razer Orochi 2013 ($80), recently released, is BT 4.0. I abandoned Razer for OSX usage a few years ago, but I am back to using an Orochi now and the driver situation has vastly improved.

The soon to be released Cyborg M.O.U.S. 9 (~$130) is BT 4.0.

BT 4.0 should solve some of the latency issues inherent with prior implementations of BT.

11. AppleDApp macrumors 68020

AppleDApp

The orochi only seems to support BT 3.0. The cyborg mouse is over the top for my regular office suite and coding workflow.

12. Signal-11 macrumors 65816

Signal-11

Whoops, you are correct re: the Orochi 2013.

What kind of low latency do you require out of a wireless mouse for your regular workflow?

13. AppleDApp macrumors 68020

AppleDApp

I just want the battery efficiency that comes with BT 4.0