Best Bluetooth Mouse?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by i0Nic, Dec 19, 2007.

1. i0Nic macrumors 65816

Hey guys, using a Mighty Mouse which I'm not too thrilled about. Would like to get a better one but I want it to be bluetooth as i don't want to deal with usb adapters and cradles etc.
    I like the logitech MX revolution but I think it uses a dongle and isn't bluetooth.

Any suggestions?

2. Fooj macrumors member

I ordered a Logitech V470, for a christmas present for my self, so thats a bluetooth mouse, and about the only one i came across except the mighty mouse, the logitech one its small little notebook mouse, and comes with a little carry case to.

I have not used it yet, but I should hope it works fine!

3. MST macrumors 6502

MST

I to will be receiving a V470 for Christmas, only it's a present from my Gran as opposed to myself; the reason I know I'm getting it is because I had to be very specific about what I wanted (she's getting on a bit), I may as well have ordered it myself!

So far I've only heard good things about the V470, and Logitech's reputation speaks for itself so I can't wait to try it out. I used a wired MM in the Apple Store today and it wasn't as bad as I was expecting based on some of the reviews I've read, might have to give the wireless version a go also.

4. Fooj macrumors member

Yeah logitech mouse's are probably some of the best out there, I have a v200 notebook mouse with a usb reciever, which has worked fine, had it about 4 months, changed the batterys once! and the useful on/off switch for when not in use helps on battery useage!

I will post back when I have my new mouse, with a update!

5. jhkingsr macrumors regular

6. Fooj macrumors member

Just a quick note back to say, I got my Logitech V470 today, and its spot on, nice small mouse, perfect for laptop use, and a nice little carry case, had some problems with my mouse mat, but ditched it and its fine just on the desktop, connected no problem, and no need to install software!

Cheers

Merry Christmas

7. GSMiller macrumors 68000

GSMiller

About how big is the V470 compared to the Mighty Mouse? I'm considering buying one to use with my iMac (when Apple gets more in stock) and don't want a mouse that's too small.

8. Fooj macrumors member

Erm i cant compare it to a mighty mouse, but its dimensions are, 90mm long, 55mm wide, 30mm high approx!

i think the mighty mouse is quite a bit bigger!

I really struggled to find any other bluetooth mouses!

9. sizzlingbadger macrumors newbie

I found installing software made the mouse response much better and allows you to customize the buttons etc...

10. GSMiller macrumors 68000

GSMiller

Hey you gave me exact measurements, much better! Thanks :)

11. MST macrumors 6502

MST

I'm glad Fooj got back to you with the exact measurents because when I first saw your reply I was trying to think of a size comparison using everyday objects [in the absence of having a MM to measure against my V470], needless to say I won't be posting anything that I came up with!