Best bluetooth mouse

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by gigadigit, May 7, 2009.

1. gigadigit macrumors member

Anybody here using bluetooth mouse on the Mac OSX leopard and is happy with it?

I usually like the mouse to move very fast and be accurate.
    I have tried 5 different bluetooth mouses and so far I am not happy with any of them on OS X.

I bought the following mouses:
    Logitech v470,
    Microsoft Mobile Presenter 8000,
    RocketFish bluetooth,
    RadTech BT500, and
    Kensington Si670m.

I tried them with the built in mouse driver and also with the latest drivers for the specific mouse.

I also tried USB Overdriver, and SteerMouse.
    Tried changing the scaling in GlobalPreferences:
    .GlobalPreferences com.apple.mouse.scaling

With Microsoft 8000 wireless, the mouse is accurate, but even with the highest tracking speed, it's very slow. The USB mouse with Mac OS X drivers have the same issues, but with the MS IntelliMouse drivers it works very well.

All the other mouses, I can get them to move fast, but they are not accurate. The mouse movement is fast but very sluggish when doing or trying to do precise work. It feels LIGHT BUT TOO STICKY.

I don't have these issues on Windows Vista through bootcamp on the same machine with the same mouses.

Any help or suggestions to this mouse issue.

Thanks,

2. capps macrumors member

Nothing fancy, but I use a Dell Bluetooth mouse. Not the travel/laptop one, but the regular desktop size bluetooth mouse. Use it with my macbook and it works great.

3. MVApple macrumors 6502a

Well the only bluetooth mouse I found that looked good to me was the Mighty Mouse. There are lots of complaints obviously, but I've been enjoying using it the past 3 months. Lately though, I've had some issues where it loses the signal in OS X after waking the computer to sleep. The only way to get it to reconnect is to turn bluetooth off and then on. It only happens occasionally and I'm on a notebook so I always have the trackpad.

If you are on an iMac with no other mouse then I imagine it can be a PITA unless there is some way to easily turn bluetooth on and off.

4. Saladinos macrumors 68000

Saladinos

+1 on the MM recommendation.

However, if you lose BT signal, just click the mouse the make it broadcast and connect again.

5. pellets007 macrumors 6502a

pellets007

Is there any place to buy Mighty Mouse cheaper than $70? That's a bit much to play for a mouse, as I was comparing it to the MX Revolution, but the bulky USB adapter kills me.

6. peepboon macrumors 6502

peepboon