Best Bluetooth Mouse

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Blumac14, Jun 15, 2009.

1. Blumac14 macrumors newbie

I finally made the switch and ordered a 17" MBP (matte) this past Friday, July 12th. While I play the torturous waiting game, what do you think is the best bluetooth mouse out there? I'm a graphic designer and am just too used to using a mouse for much of my work, probably the only time I'd be using it.

2. geoffreak macrumors 68020

geoffreak

The Wireless Mighty Mouse isn't too bad if you don't mind having to clean the scroll wheel every once and awhile.

3. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

There's a lot of threads on this particular topic. The Logitech V470 is a tight lil mouse.

4. RvMan56 macrumors member

RvMan56

I have 2 apple mice and hate both of them, have to clean all the time, finally they don't work so I switched back to the Logitech, I have had it for years and Never a cleaning problem, it has never failed. Apple needs to get better mice for sure.

5. richard13 macrumors 6502a

I am a big fan of Logitech products and have a Cordless Wave keyboard and mouse set for my PC so I thought the V470 would be great for my MacBook Pro.

However, after using it for a few months now I wish I had tried to return it. It seems to go to sleep nearly instantly. Even just a few seconds of no-use causes it to have to "wake" as you move it and then the pointer skips across the screen. When used it seems skip a bit too. It's not nearly as fluid or natural as a USB mouse. No amount of adjustment to the configuration seems to remedy this. Also, I can't seem to get the scroll wheel to go at any decent rate. Even setting this all the way to "fast", the wheel still scrolls fairly slow until acceleration kicks in.

On the plus side, I like the way the V470 looks (I got the white/silver one). And it feels pretty good in my hand. I've also never had a problem with it losing the Bluetooth connection.

I was originally going to buy a Mighty Mouse but since I thought it would be hard to play World of Warcraft with it I opted for the V470. I'm now wondering if that was a mistake.

6. dukeman macrumors member

Its not bluetooth, but the logitech VX Nano works great for me. Its small, the receiver is tiny, I leave it in the laptop all the time.

7. spaceballl macrumors 68030

spaceballl

do a search, limit your search to the "Mac Peripherals" section of the forums, check the box to only search the titles, and then type "bluetooth mouse" - that will give you far more value than this individual thread.

8. richard13 macrumors 6502a

9. tempusfugit macrumors 65816

wireless mightymouse sure is nice for me but I question the price. too late now anyway.

10. wetrix macrumors 6502

wetrix

11. Mr.Bullitt macrumors regular

So what is the current consensus?

Did anyone had a chance to try out the M555b?

Most of the time my MBP is "docked" on the desk and I use my MX1000 for it.

But on the move I need a good mouse, I have been looking at the M555b, Magic Mouse and Mighty mouse.

It has to be Bluetooth - seem most reasonable to take advantage or the wireless built in the MBP, instead of using an USB for a micro receiver..

12. CylonGlitch macrumors 68030

CylonGlitch

I have about a dozen of these little babies and they are awesome, but giving up a USB port kinda stinks (I develop USB devices for work so I need a lot of connectors). So for my main machine I switched to the V470 bluetooth and it works quite well. Yes it goes to sleep a lot but it isn't that bad; maybe 10 seconds or so. I did have a problem with some games where I didn't move the mouse enough and it would sleep. DOH. But overall a nice little mouse. But it does go through batteries much faster then the VX Nanos.

My next mouse may be the mighty mouse.. donno.

13. Lloyd Christmas macrumors regular

Having just picked up the new magic mouse this past weekend, I would say that it is better than the mighty mouse. the feature to swipe with two fingers to go back or swipe two fingers to go forward while in safari is very nice. Also the feature to scroll through all your pictures with a three finger swipe is nice as well. When reading a long webpage and you want to make time, one flick of the finger makes the whole page get moving.<similar to the iphone> one tap and it stops. The only thing that I miss on this new mouse is the side buttons. I started to enjoy having them but you cent have everything in life I guess. I would say this mouse is definitely worth the money. Lloyd

14. richard13 macrumors 6502a

I ordered a V470 a while back specifically so I could play WoW with it. I have regretted it ever since. If I hadn't had to demolish the plastic packaging to take it out I would have returned it. It kept disconnecting and when it was connected it had a horrible "skipping" problem. The cursor wasn't smooth as you moved the mouse, it would skip along.

Subsequently, I purchased an Apple Mighty Mouse and think it's just great. It feels right in my hand, it moves smoothly and doesn't disconnect (well, as often). Some have complained that the scroll ball gets gunked up over time. I've never had that problem. But then again, I actually wash my hands from time to time. LOL.

I recently went to the Apple store to check out the new Magic Mouse and I was pretty darn impressed. Being able to use finger swipes was very cool! I may get one eventually but for now I'm still happy with my Mighty Mouse.

15. rwkcheung, Jan 11, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2011

rwkcheung macrumors newbie

Try Bluedio Bluetooth Mouse

Try this bluetooth mouse, good quality and good price

http://www.bonbuyshop.com/bluetooth-product/bluedio-mouse.html

Upgrade your input with the quality Bluetooth Mouse from Bluedio. Offering precision control, ergonomic designs and a variety of extra features, Bluedio mice offer the best in control solutions.

Bluetooth Version
    Frequncy
      2.4GHz spectrum
      DC3.0v
    Tracking methods
      DPI800 TO 1600 optical tracking sensor
    Power requirment
      2AAA battery
    Battery life
      Up to 2 + month(depends on the capacity of the battery you use)
    Dimention
      95mm x 55 mm x 32 mm
    Weight
      66g
    Operating distance
      Up to 10 meters
    Other Specifications
      Compatible with all bluetooth enable computer/laptop.

http://bluedio.com.hk

16. Gustavo macrumors newbie

My vote is for the Logitech Nano for a MBP

Apple mice are always Form over Function...the new mouse is really slick looking, has that cool swiping function, but is so uncomfortable is you use your mouse for anything detailed. It should come with a carpel tunnel warning...seriously, my wrist and hand would just kill after using it. I love the look, hate the function.

I have had very good luck with Logitech...solid, ergonomic and works well.