Best bluetooth set-up for Siri use?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sixxmum, Sep 28, 2012.

1. sixxmum macrumors 6502a

sixxmum

I've been using a motorola speaker bluetooth device in my car, which is nice because I don't have to remember to put it on. But, it's not the best for Siri. She picks up ambient noise and I end up repeating myself a lot.

What do you suggest for bluetooth Siri use?

2. mrtune macrumors 6502a

Could just be an issue with your bluetooth device?

My car has built in bluetooth and it works great with siri. When I bring up siri, my car sees it as a call, kills the music, and I use siri with the built-in mic and speakers from the car.

My only issue is that siri doesn't auto close when I'm done. I have to hit the home button to stop siri and to 'end the call' so my car goes back to radio mode.

3. BFizzzle macrumors 68020

BFizzzle

weird mine closes automatically

are you putting it in bluetooth mode. eyes free or whatever they call it

4. Stayfly2407 macrumors 6502

Stayfly2407

i use the Motorola Elite Silver, this is by far the best bluetooth headset and the best with Siri. I have this one, Jawbones latex, new plantronics for iphone, etc. None are has hidden, comfortable, and Siri compatible as this one. I hit the button, you hear the Siri sound, tell it "take me home" and Siri uses the turn by turn nav and tells me where to go without ever pulling out my phone. Same with calls, text, etc

5. mrtune macrumors 6502a

What happens for me is when I hold the home button for siri, my car sees it as a phone call, so it'll activate the car's built-in mic, and the car display shows it as a phone call from myself.

My issue is that after I give siri a command, for example to send a text, she does so, then waits for another command. While she is waiting, my car will stay in phone call mode. As soon as a I press to home button to close siri and go to home screen, the call ends and everything back to normal. I wish Siri would close after she is done doing what I ask instead of waiting on me to either hit the speaker button for another command or the home button to close.

My car doesn't support accessing Siri in any way via the car controls. I have to manually do it from the phone.

6. BFizzzle macrumors 68020

BFizzzle

thats strange, i have to access mine via my phone as well. hmmm

7. slineaudi macrumors member

I think apple works some microphone magic to get siri to work so well. Might be why the iphone4 couldnt get siri? I can lay my phone by the shifter and siri can hear my perfectly. But when I'm on my bluetooth headset it's nearly unusable. Maybe I just have a crap BT though. :confused:

8. VeryQueasy macrumors newbie

I've never used BT before and I decided since I upgraded to the 5 and now have Siri I would try it out. I purchased a plantronics M100 headset and it says it's paired with my iphone but no matter what button I hold on the headset siri does not activate... Nothing activates for that matter...

Anyone have any advice? Did I miss something in the set up besides the pairing?

9. sixxmum thread starter macrumors 6502a

sixxmum

VeryQueasy,
    I think some Bluetooth headsets won't activate Siri, they just work with it for the talking and hearing part.

10. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

I think you hit the nail on the head. Siri only works if you have excellent noise cancelling from what I've seen.

Now that all the audio sources have independant selection of output (iPhone, Bluetooth, etc) it makes it very easy for me to just set Siri to work on the handset instead of my BT which is noisy.