Best Body Shield Friendly Case

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by bigbro1096, Jan 22, 2011.

1. bigbro1096 macrumors 6502a

Well, I hoping to make this thread the "official" thread for others who are looking for a case to go with their full body shield. I understand there has been other threads on this subject, but there are many and thought this way it will be easier to view all options. As of now I do not know of any case that work with shields.

2. RebeccaL, Jan 22, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2011

RebeccaL macrumors 6502a

RebeccaL

From previous posts I read:

Almost all of the silicon ones and silicon hybrids do fit. Like the Otterbox and SGP Neohybrid. Also some TPU ones like Vulcan and Solo.

I read the Hula fits over luckylabs and gelaskins but these are thinner than most shields.

Also keep in mind that some body shields are thicker than others like Wrapsol ultra and some of the ones from SGP.

Form fitting hard plastic cases like the feather and nude will not fit.

3. Meltdownblitz macrumors 65816

Awesome idea to make a thread like this. In my findings the case mate tough and otterbox commuter is compatible with the wrapsol I'll body that I'm using which means almost every other full body should work fine because wrapsol is the thickest I know of. For the most part most silicone cases will work, not to sure about tpu ones yet.

4. RebeccaL macrumors 6502a

RebeccaL

I use a Tpu Vulcan with luckylabs side decals and front/back switcheasy shields and it fits ok.

5. Meltdownblitz macrumors 65816

Can you post some photos of the vulcan?

6. RebeccaL, Jan 25, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2011

RebeccaL macrumors 6502a

RebeccaL

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Sorry I don't have a camera besides the iPhone itself. But this thread has some nice pics of the black one

http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=11359390&postcount=1

And this video has good closeups of the clear one.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pn3BxfgfFqw&playnext=1&list=PLBFA814726B039E1C&index=22

At first it bubbles up the protectors a bit but it stretches with use.

7. bigbro1096 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Well I tested some og my cases and here's what I've found. The Otterbox defender and the Incipio NGP don't fit the zagg skin which is thinner than the wrapsol, but the zagg does fit the apple bumper but I know that the wrapsol doesn't because I use to own one. Btw thanks for the compliment.

8. RebeccaL macrumors 6502a

RebeccaL

This thread is going to be very interesting. Lots of people use skins and want to also use a case.

I hope many contribute their experiences.