Best Browser for a guest to use???

Discussion in 'iPad' started by lokerd, Dec 28, 2010.

1. lokerd macrumors 6502a

lokerd

I can't seem to figure this out.

When somebody wants to borrow my iOS device to look something up on the web, what BROWSER can I open up for them them that will not log me out of all my sites, etc.

For example, I use iCab 95% of the time. But I also use Dual Browser occasionally.

It seems that some of the browsers are connected some how.

Does anybody have any clues about this? Similar experience?

Thanks!!

2. Dr McKay macrumors 68040

Dr McKay

Well if you use iCab 95% of the time, would Safari be fine to let them use?

3. wyneken macrumors regular

In my experience, Safari is what they're gonna use anyway, even if they have to look around for it. It's what they're familiar with. Even if you hand them another browser already open, as soon as they see a button they don't recognize, they break it or paint over it or lose it or something.

I use iCab 95% of the time too.

4. lokerd thread starter macrumors 6502a

lokerd

Perhaps, on my iPad. When this issue first came up months ago I was not using Browser Changer and I occasionally had to use Safari myself so it was a bad choice. But, now with Browser Changer, at least on my iPad, maybe it would work.

However, I have a iP4 that is NOT jailbroken, and Safari still comes up as the default app so it is not my first choice.

So, I would like to put them in some other simple Browser with NONE of my bookmarks, etc.

Thanks for the reply!!