Best BT headphones while exercising?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Karma, Jul 1, 2008.

1. Karma macrumors newbie

Anyone have any suggestions? There's the Motorola S9, but it came out last year, & I'm not sure if there's anything better.

2. Karma thread starter macrumors newbie

3. ThomasPaul10 macrumors newbie

Well, I would suggest the Jawbone2 even though it is pricey --- 129.99. But, despite the price it is probably the best bluetooth headset out there and my friends loves the first Jawbone.

4. grantsdale macrumors 6502a

Headset and headphones are two different things.

5. Rooskibar03 macrumors 65816

Rooskibar03

The S9 is way to go for workout and BT. I have those and the Jabra BT adapt and it works great with my Nano.

6. Karma thread starter macrumors newbie

So the S9 doesn't hit the back of your neck? I'm not sure how it would fit well since it doesn't adjust.

7. grantsdale macrumors 6502a

Nah, those type of behind the head headphones don't hit your head. If you have long hair, you might have a problem, but not with it hitting your head.

8. Rooskibar03 macrumors 65816

Rooskibar03

Well it does "rest" against the neck, but I dont think I would want something firm against the back against the back of my head anyway.

9. grantsdale macrumors 6502a

Unless you have a gigantic head, it won't rest against your neck.

10. Karma thread starter macrumors newbie

You don't happen to know what stores may have it to try on, do you?

EDIT: Actually, here's a better question: which is better, the S9 or the HT820?

11. Rooskibar03 macrumors 65816

Rooskibar03

These pictures alone should answer that question. The size of the HT's makes them crummy for any activity that is more then just walking. I will say they sound better, but they would not be good workout headphones.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I have seen the S9's in ATT stores that you could try on.

12. Karma thread starter macrumors newbie

Those pictures are great! Thanks for posting those.

I mainly do weight lifting, with HIIT. No long sessions of cardio. I'm going to have to see how they feel.

13. JBPHOTO52 macrumors newbie

I just bought a pair of the S9's. After pairing them to my new iPhone 3G, I couldn't get them to work right. While listening to music.....the music played out of the iPhone's speakers too. Am I doing something wrong? Does anyone have any experience using these, or recommend some other set.
    I want to get something that gets rid of the wires, listen to music, and talk to people.
    Getting rid of the wire isn't entirely it......maybe a pair where the wire will stay out of the way.....and the ear buds don't kill your ears.

14. KratosKilla macrumors regular

Does it work with MUSIC?

Does it work with music?...the s9? Does any BT headset use music with iphone?

15. Eärendil Guest

You need an adapter to use the music with the iphone. It will answer calls too and pause the music.

Only the left speaker will work when answering calls.

You need an adapter because the bluetooth protocol or that does not support stereo music. iPhone's fault.

16. JBPHOTO52 macrumors newbie

What kind of adapter......and where can I find it locally. I live in northeast usa.

17. Eärendil Guest

uhmm a bluetooth adapter hehe.

Try Jabra, it is a good brand.

If you buy the adapter that plugs in the audio jack, you wont be able to use the (built in the headphones)controls, except for volume.

If you buy the adapter that goes on the dock connector, you can use all the controls but you have to charge it. It helps by not sucking the iphone's battery though.

The motorola adapter sucks, don't buy that one.

Search for Jabra bluetooth adapter in Amazon and it will be there. : )

18. cosplayerkyo macrumors newbie

I personally use the Motorola HT820 with my iPhone for jogs. It is pretty heavy but they do stay pretty snug in my head.

I was really considering the S9's but I read on a lot of forums that they short out easily when you start sweating.... this messing up the controls and breaking them. I really really really want to buy a set but don't want to end up buying one and having it break down. :/

The bluetooth adaptor I use is the Sony BT8iP.

*Another tip is that if you want the headphones to both work for talking on the phone and listening to music. Sync the headphones to your iPhone first. Then turn off bluetooth on the iPhone, sync the headphones to the bluetooth adaptor. Now, if someone calls you while you're listening to music, you can simple answer it with your headphones and it'll switch over. When you're done with the call, it'll switch back to the music :)