Best BT Headset with Voice Control

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by joemama, Dec 15, 2010.

1. joemama macrumors 6502

I've used quite a few and none of them ever had Voice Control, which I just can't understand. You had to dial manually and then talk via the headset. Or use VC from the phone, which isn't safe while driving.

I'm hoping Apple has FINALLY allowed VC from the headset because I'm in the market for a new one. Can someone please tell me:

1.) Are there any out there that can use VC from the headset?
    2.) If so, what do you recommend?

It's a Xmas present to myself, so I don't mind splurging. Thank you

2. joemama thread starter macrumors 6502

Not one person has a headset that does this?

Can someone tell me if its even possible to use Voice Control with a iPhone and BT headset?

3. wylee macrumors newbie

4. labman macrumors 604

labman

my old Plantronics Voyager 855 stereo set work fine with voice control. worked with my 3gs and now my i4 $60 or so ebay! ;) oh also survived a trip through the wash and then the Dryer. also you can switch it between stereo and Mono

[​IMG]

5. Spudracer macrumors 6502

I've had an Aliph Icon for a year now. It works great with voice control. It also displays it's own battery level on the iPhone screen right next to the iPhone battery meter. It's got very effective noise cancellation and OK wind suppression. The battery life is about 4 hours of talk time and much more on standby. There's a one button control for answering or ending calls or activating voice control. You control volume with the iPhone volume buttons. It's pretty well integrated with the iPhone. It's not that expensive either. I think list price is $99 but you can find it for less.

http://reviews.cnet.com/headsets/aliph-jawbone-icon-thinker/4505-13831_7-33948114.html

6. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

I've had both a Plantronics Voyager and Jawbone that work with VC and I definitely prefer the Plantronics. The Jawbone is over priced and okay at best. The Plantronics is crazy loud and has great battery life. The newer ones also have great noise cancellation.