Best Budget App?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by 103734, Sep 23, 2008.

1. 103734 Guest

I just turned 18 and I have a credit card and debit account and I was wondering what is the best application to monitor my spending and stuff. Somewhat like what you do when your balancing your check book.

what do you guys suggest

2. Amt macrumors regular

3. ilfn143 macrumors 6502

why do i have to sign up for account to use it? tried/deleted

try Balance

4. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

5. 103734 thread starter Guest

6. soberbrain macrumors 65816

soberbrain

+1 for Balance

I've got a credit card and a debit/checking account, too.

As for Balance, I entered my debit/checking balance as the 1st deposit (new paychecks are entered as deposits, of course), then I use my credit card for purchases that I subtract as withdrawals. This way I don't spend more than I have in my debit/checking and I already take into account the money I need to pay off the bill at the end of the month.

I've got reward points on my credit card and I pay off my credit card bill at the end of the month, so I don't have any interest charges. If your card has reward incentives that are free to sign up, go for it. It can add up to buy holiday gifts for others or a nice birthday gift for yourself. But it only works well if you pay off your entire bill every month or else the interest charges will negate the benefits of the rewards.

I'm sure there are other money management apps that can use multiple accounts, but Balance is enough for me, it's easy to use and it's free.

7. Theappguys macrumors newbie

i found a great app

is called budgets and bill tracking. i have been using this app for like a year now and have not needed any other. check it out

8. Joerot macrumors newbie

I use Moneybook. Very nice and handy app, plus frequently updated.
    That's a budget app tho.

To handle my accounts, I'm still looking for something. Atm I'm using Balance.

Other apps I checked:

pennies
    Day Bank (seems very good aswell)
    expenditure

9. stinkfoot macrumors newbie

+1 for Day Bank here. They have a light version you can check out as well.

10. Gokunama macrumors 6502a

Gokunama

I've tried perhaps twenty finance apps out, and I like [app]Active Money Pro[/app] most. Extremely popular app on the Japan iTunes store, pretty sure a couple reviewers of the app really didn't know what they were doing when they rated it one star.

11. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

Moneywell just came out with an iPhone app. If you really want to stick to a budget and like the envelope system you'll like it.

12. iSurenix macrumors newbie

Budg-it App

A new and simple budget app just released called Budg-it. Click here to get it.

13. FirePak macrumors regular