Best budget-minded TV speakers for music.

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by bluedoggiant, Apr 13, 2015.

1. bluedoggiant, Apr 13, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2015

bluedoggiant macrumors 68030

bluedoggiant

Hey guys,

Moving into a new condo soon and am buying a 1080 40" TV (nothing special just basic) and will forego the cable set up and just buy an Apple TV. I want to buy a speaker system to hook up to TV that will be affordable and great for music. So doesn't have to necessarily be surround sound home theater type thing, just something great for music, so a separate sub would be necessary.

100-400 range.

Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.

2. takeshi74 macrumors 601

For what budget? Give us a number or a range. Give us as much info as possible if you want suggestions. What specific connectivity is required? Does TV and movie audio not matter at all?

3. mlmwalt macrumors 6502a

I have a Pyle soundbase. I use it in a similar setup for a ~350' square foot room. It's less than $125 on Amazon. I Woot'ed mine for $90ish. It has great sound.

4. bluedoggiant thread starter macrumors 68030

bluedoggiant

I guess 100-400.

I plan to only connect an Apple TV to the television (via HDMI) and it will be a modern 40" LED TV like any you see on the market, so any "standard" connectivity will work.

Of course they matter, but I figure if the Music quality is good, it will be good enough for TV/Movie audio, whereas if I focused on a top notch theater system it would be overkill for music.

Trying to be an audiophile on a budget.