Best bumper for 4S

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by powerwolf, Dec 13, 2011.

1. powerwolf macrumors newbie

I have a white 4S and I am wondering what is the best white bumper that doesnt scratch the metal?

2. charlesdayton macrumors 6502a

The SGP NeoHybrid EX is full silicone on the inside and won't scratch the metal at all.

I prefer the Apple branded Bumper. One solution is to use the Apple bumper together With Luckylabs or other side wraps.

3. SCARY GAY DAD macrumors 6502

SCARY GAY DAD

Best by what? Looks? Durability? Scratch protection? Cost?

-SGD

4. powerwolf thread starter macrumors newbie

Not expensive, available through ebay, minimalistic protection, keeping the white iphone looking good, I am thinking about buying original iphone 4s bumper, I hope that one doesnt scratch metal :apple:

5. ahfu25 macrumors 6502a

If you mean the bumper from apple then yes, it will scratch. Right now I'm using the Neo Hybrid II From SGP and it's a silicone piece and another plastic piece over it. It will NOT scratch the phone.

http://www.amazon.com/SGP-iPhone-Hy...2SFKRF5TPZMT5&s=generic&qid=1323816050&sr=1-1

6. Black Dawg Down macrumors member

Has anyone tried the new Apple bumper or just base their opinions on the old model?

When I went to Apple store and ask them if the bumpers still scratch, they said no.

Still, even if they don't, all white bumpers will get dirty and yellow over time.

7. vtclan macrumors regular

This is the sad truth :(

8. Mixtinybox macrumors newbie

you may consider the Aluminum Alloy Metal Bumper, silver color, very texture and never become dirty.:)

9. boraxatude macrumors member

Best thinnest non-aluminum bumper (so far)

After going through an aluminum glide and a cheapo apple clone bumper as well as a slickwrap side skin... I ended up finally going with this:

Ultra Case Slim Bumper

[​IMG]

It is the thinnest one I could find (they have both a 4 and a 4s version) that offers protection for the sides only. I have the slickwrap back skin on and this thing fits very very tight. It was a little difficult to get on in fact.

All the holes are there for volume, power, mute, etc. (except for sim slot). And they fit pretty darn close (not exact but it does fit nevertheless). There is no raised front edge and therefore no face protection.

It feels very solid with absolutely no movement whatsoever. Hard rubber (or silicone, don't know what the material is) that presents no problem when slipping it in or out of the pants pocket.

This was the best bet outside a very thin aluminum bumper, which for me, reduced the signal too much. No signal reduction with the ultra case.

So far... A strong recommendation and for only $12.

10. chunker macrumors member

Thinner than the 'Glide'? :eek:

But alas, no face protection which I'm assuming will disqualify it for most people.

11. boraxatude macrumors member

Sorry, not thinner than the Glide... Just the thinnest non-aluminum bumper I've come across. I don't know, with a back skin and a front transparent skin, if you so desire that pretty much covers it. For people that want more protection than that, they should get a case.

12. chunker macrumors member

True regarding the protection.

I'm using the Glide with a back and front skin, no screen protection (risky I know), but i feel safe enough.

13. boraxatude macrumors member

Eating my words

Wow. Just 48 hours after really enjoying this Ultra Case slim bumper... I woke up this morning to find that it had snapped in two! It had a neat split at the bottom volume button cutout. I haven't dropped the phone at all, it's just been sitting on my desk. :mad: Don't buy it!!

14. SCARY GAY DAD macrumors 6502

SCARY GAY DAD

That still doesn't tell me anything. How much is expensive? How much protection is minimalistic?

For example, I would recommend to everyone to either get the Graft Leverage or Mindplar i+Case, but some people will strongly object to those cases because they think $60-$70 is expensive. Or they are too minimal.