Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RRKPL

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 8, 2007
I've had a chance to dl some game apps and have tried out Evernote which seems like a pretty cool app and I was wondering what others had found that were useful Business or Productivity Apps.

musicpenguy

macrumors 68000
Oct 29, 2006
OmniFocus!

Well for productivity nothing is better than OmniFocus. Within the past day I have gotten more things done due simply to this app and having it help organize my life! The location awareness even on a first gen iPhone is awesome, the sync is flawless. So I cannot recommend this app enough! It is simply great!

madmaxmedia

macrumors 68030
Dec 17, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
I am trying out the desktop version of Things, and it seems great. I will likely be buying the touch version, which will have synchronization in a future update.

Instapaper seems great for 'clipping' web pages for offline access, plus it's free. Kinda like iSilo or Pluckr if you used to use those on a PDA.

Stanza seems like a very promising ebook reader, it's also free. You can load books onto your Touch or iPhone for offline access.

plasticparadox

macrumors 6502
May 24, 2003
Pick up FileMagnet. You can sync Office and PDF documents onto your device and view them with the native viewer. Very cool and useful!

twinsdad

macrumors member
Oct 21, 2007
I am trying out the desktop version of Things, and it seems great. I will likely be buying the touch version, which will have synchronization in a future update.

Instapaper seems great for 'clipping' web pages for offline access, plus it's free. Kinda like iSilo or Pluckr if you used to use those on a PDA.

Stanza seems like a very promising ebook reader, it's also free. You can load books onto your Touch or iPhone for offline access.

Thanks for the instapaper recommendation. I was looking for an Isilo type app for my iphone.

twinsdad

macrumors member
Oct 21, 2007
Well for productivity nothing is better than OmniFocus. Within the past day I have gotten more things done due simply to this app and having it help organize my life! The location awareness even on a first gen iPhone is awesome, the sync is flawless. So I cannot recommend this app enough! It is simply great!

The location feature is very accurate and cool. I wish I could add location to already existing contexts. I prefer Things Desktop to Omnifocus but The OF Iphone app is far more advanced out of the gate.

poldi

macrumors newbie
Mar 13, 2008
landscape mode working with 2.0

I hear that. Lack of landscape mode is really hurting me on some of my pdf files.

Hi,

I recently discovered that the landscape mode works in the mail app since 2.0. I am having an iPod Touch and it works for me.

ubercool

macrumors 65816
Jan 31, 2008
Las Vegas

You're so right, it's fantastic. Just installed the desktop version. Going to buy the app now too. :)

Project

macrumors 68020
Aug 6, 2005
I'm using a combination of Things and Instapaper for most of my productivity needs.

xerxes2008

macrumors newbie
Sep 10, 2008
Landscape email

FYI, it doesn't look like Apple is going to add landscape mode to Mail, because they've allowed some apps into the app store that add this ability.

I'm the developer of one of them called Wide Email ($0.99). It lets you write emails in landscape mode and can save multiple drafts to finish later .. it even autosaves sent drafts. Here's the app store link:

http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=289274499&mt=8

There are three others, but none of them can currently save drafts. There's a list of them all here:

https://www.macrumors.com/iphone/20...-apps-is-apple-easing-up-on-rejection-policy/

Cheers,
Pat

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.