Best Business / Productivity Apps?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by RRKPL, Jul 15, 2008.

1. RRKPL macrumors member

I've had a chance to dl some game apps and have tried out Evernote which seems like a pretty cool app and I was wondering what others had found that were useful Business or Productivity Apps.

2. musicpenguy macrumors 6502a

OmniFocus!

Well for productivity nothing is better than OmniFocus. Within the past day I have gotten more things done due simply to this app and having it help organize my life! The location awareness even on a first gen iPhone is awesome, the sync is flawless. So I cannot recommend this app enough! It is simply great!

3. madmaxmedia macrumors 68030

I am trying out the desktop version of Things, and it seems great. I will likely be buying the touch version, which will have synchronization in a future update.

Instapaper seems great for 'clipping' web pages for offline access, plus it's free. Kinda like iSilo or Pluckr if you used to use those on a PDA.

Stanza seems like a very promising ebook reader, it's also free. You can load books onto your Touch or iPhone for offline access.

4. plasticparadox macrumors 6502

Pick up FileMagnet. You can sync Office and PDF documents onto your device and view them with the native viewer. Very cool and useful!

5. jecapaga macrumors 601

jecapaga

^^would be even better if you could email your stuff and view docs in landscape view

6. twinsdad macrumors member

Thanks for the instapaper recommendation. I was looking for an Isilo type app for my iphone.

7. twinsdad macrumors member

I hear that. Lack of landscape mode is really hurting me on some of my pdf files.

8. twinsdad macrumors member

The location feature is very accurate and cool. I wish I could add location to already existing contexts. I prefer Things Desktop to Omnifocus but The OF Iphone app is far more advanced out of the gate.

9. poldi macrumors newbie

landscape mode working with 2.0

Hi,

I recently discovered that the landscape mode works in the mail app since 2.0. I am having an iPod Touch and it works for me.

10. ubercool macrumors 6502a

ubercool

You're so right, it's fantastic. Just installed the desktop version. Going to buy the app now too. :)

11. Project macrumors 68020

I'm using a combination of Things and Instapaper for most of my productivity needs.

12. ViViDboarder macrumors 68040

ViViDboarder

You mean for PDF viewing only right? I am dying for a landscape keyboard in Mail 2.0

13. xerxes2008 macrumors newbie

Landscape email

FYI, it doesn't look like Apple is going to add landscape mode to Mail, because they've allowed some apps into the app store that add this ability.

I'm the developer of one of them called Wide Email ($0.99). It lets you write emails in landscape mode and can save multiple drafts to finish later .. it even autosaves sent drafts. Here's the app store link:

http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=289274499&mt=8

There are three others, but none of them can currently save drafts. There's a list of them all here:

http://www.macrumors.com/iphone/200...-apps-is-apple-easing-up-on-rejection-policy/

Cheers,
    Pat