Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ourcore

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 4, 2012
Hey, guys,

I'm looking at getting a butterfly link bracelet for my Space Gray Watch, but I'm unsure which one I should get. I've been looking at this one in Space Gray—it's pretty cheap and has the removable links that don't need the tool. I'm just concerned about the quality of the clasp and removing links. Does anyone have experience with this one?

I've also looked at some on Amazon, which would be better for returns, but they're all the 3rd gen that need the link removal tool. There's one in Space Gray by Moko, so those are my options at the moment.

I'm kinda picky, so I wanted to see if anyone has any experience or photos with either of these (or even a black one) on a SGS?

Thanks!

Advil

macrumors 6502a
Oct 4, 2008
I came here asking about the Moko as well. The space grey and the Rose Gold look pretty awesome.

GrandMasterB

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2012
Hey, guys,

I'm looking at getting a butterfly link bracelet for my Space Gray Watch, but I'm unsure which one I should get. I've been looking at this one in Space Gray—it's pretty cheap and has the removable links that don't need the tool. I'm just concerned about the quality of the clasp and removing links. Does anyone have experience with this one?

I've also looked at some on Amazon, which would be better for returns, but they're all the 3rd gen that need the link removal tool. There's one in Space Gray by Moko, so those are my options at the moment.

I'm kinda picky, so I wanted to see if anyone has any experience or photos with either of these (or even a black one) on a SGS?

Thanks!

The Ebay link you posted.... from what I have read you need to get the 4th gen version to get the tool-less removable links. Thats $151.99. While that is a lot cheaper than the Apple version, its still not cheap enough for me to buy unless it really is confirmed a 1:1 replica. If I knew for sure it was, I would buy that.

I have the Space Gray Moko one from Amazon and it looks phenomenal with the Space Gray Sport. I am kinda picky about this stuff too so I have dozens and dozens of pictures of the Moko bands on the SPS. You do need to use the tool to remove the links but you can pop a link out and back together in around 30 seconds. Its not bad at all.

Advil

macrumors 6502a
Oct 4, 2008
The Ebay link you posted.... from what I have read you need to get the 4th gen version to get the tool-less removable links. Thats $151.99. While that is a lot cheaper than the Apple version, its still not cheap enough for me to buy unless it really is confirmed a 1:1 replica. If I knew for sure it was, I would buy that.

I have the Space Gray Moko one from Amazon and it looks phenomenal with the Space Gray Sport. I am kinda picky about this stuff too so I have dozens and dozens of pictures of the Moko bands on the SPS. You do need to use the tool to remove the links but you can pop a link out and back together in around 30 seconds. Its not bad at all.

which clasp is that? there's two options.

ourcore

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 4, 2012

Thanks for the info and pictures! I'm really leaning towards getting this one. Is the clasp secure? What's the paintwork on the links like? I'd hate for mine to wear off easily. I've also seen some where you can see the silver underneath.

malibuboats91

macrumors regular
Sep 30, 2011

How's it holding up for you? I've had the Oittim for about 3 weeks and the paint is coming off already

GrandMasterB

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2012
Sorry guys, guess I wasn't subscribed to this thread and didn't see these messages.

which clasp is that? there's two options.

My Space Gray is the cheaper butterfly buckle clasp that does not imitate Apples clasp.

How's it holding up for you? I've had the Oittim for about 3 weeks and the paint is coming off already
emoji107.png

Thanks for the info and pictures! I'm really leaning towards getting this one. Is the clasp secure? What's the paintwork on the links like? I'd hate for mine to wear off easily. I've also seen some where you can see the silver underneath.

These bands have been spectacular. Really are probably the nicest bands I have ever owned. I bought both the Stainless and Space Gray versions of the Moko bands. The Space Grey is a darker tone of Stainless and not painted solid black like the Space Black versions if that makes sense. It doesn't appear as if there would be anything to scratch off....but I'm not going to try. :p

You can definitely see silver on the internal part of the band, in-between the links. I assume thats what you are talking about? It never bothered me much but you can see it in the video.

The clasp on the Space Gray is *really* high quality, thick heavy stainless and locks very securely. I love the heft of the band. The clasp on the "custom butterfly closure double button clasp" (looks like Apples) isn't as sturdy as the Space Gray clasp. Its quite a bit thinner to allow it to fold up into the same thickness as the links. While the Apple version looks better, the other is the more secure clasp IMO.

Reactions: Advil
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.