Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Continuing its string of sales this week, Best Buy today launched a new 4-day sale that will end Saturday, April 28 at 11:59 p.m. CT. A variety of Apple products are included in the sale, including iPhone X, MacBook Pro, MacBook Air, and iPad, with MacBook Pro prices in particular at about the lowest we've ever seen.

For the MacBook Pro, students and parents of students can get the latest model with an Intel Core i5 processor, 8GB RAM, and 256GB hard drive for $1,399.99, down from $1,799.99. The $50 Student Deals bonus applies to all current-generation Mac notebooks.

best-buy-4-day-sale-late-april.jpg
Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with Best Buy. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

Check out more information on the discounts in the list below:
[*]iPhone X - Save up to $499.99 with eligible trade-in with Verizon
[*]MacBook Pro - Save $350-$400 / as low as $1,399.99 with Student Deals
[*]MacBook Air - Save $250-$300 / as low as $699.99 with Student Deals
[*]5th Generation iPad - Save $70-$80 / as low as $259.99 for 32GB Wi-Fi
[*]21.5-inch iMac (3.4GHz, 8GB RAM, 1TB HD) - $1,299.99, down from $1,499.99
[*]Beats Studio3 Wireless Headphones - $239.99 in Blue, down from $349.99
[*]Beats Solo3 Wireless Headphones - $197.99 in Rose Gold, down from $299.99 There are also numerous non-Apple devices on sale for the rest of the week, some of which we've rounded up below:
[*]Get 50 percent off select Apple Watch bands by Exclusive / as low as $7.49
[*]Bragi The Dash - $99.99, down from $299.99
[*]Sony XB950B1 Wireless Over-the-Ear Headphones - $99.99, down from $179.99
[*]Ultimate Ears MEGABOOM - $141.99, down from $299.99 Best Buy also still has a few ongoing trade-in offers for those interested in iPad or Apple Watch. For the iPad, you can get a minimum $125 Best Buy gift card when trading in select previous-generation iPad models. The Apple Watch offer nets you $70 or more to put toward an Apple Watch Series 3 when you trade in any working Apple Watch in-store only.

Head over to Best Buy
show
to shop all of the 4-day sale's discounts, and then visit our Deals Roundup for more information on other sales and offers happening this week.

Article Link: Best Buy 4-Day Sale: Save at Least $350 on MacBook Pro and $250 on MacBook Air

adamjackson

macrumors 68020
Jul 9, 2008
I'm definitely at a point now where I just assume Best Buy is ALWAYS running a sale on Apple hardware. I don't really need MacRumors' Staff to continue reminding me of this in my RSS feed especially when they have a financial interest in highlighting these sales via referral links they make money on.

Can MR just make a "deals' RSS feed for people who every day need to save money on a MacBook? Or can Macrumors please pull back on posting about BestBuy every other day?

Actually, I'll pay you guys $25 a year to not review cars and link to Best Buy or write about Apple Music Exclusives. MR Ad-Free?

DqLvVVt.png

DrJohnnyN

Suspended
Jan 27, 2010
I'm definitely at a point now where I just assume Best Buy is ALWAYS running a sale on Apple hardware. I don't really need MacRumors' Staff to continue reminding me of this in my RSS feed especially when they have a financial interest in highlighting these sales via referral links they make money on.

Can MR just make a "deals' RSS feed for people who every day need to save money on a MacBook? Or can Macrumors please pull back on posting about BestBuy every other day?

Actually, I'll pay you guys $25 a year to not review cars and link to Best Buy or write about Apple Music Exclusives. MR Ad-Free?

DqLvVVt.png

Lol, gotta keep the lights on somehow.

wwooden

macrumors 68020
Jul 26, 2004
Burlington, VT
Anyone has an opinion on the Bragi The Dash earbuds? I have the AirPods and love them for casual use, but for running they aren't a secure fit. Looks to just use the Bragi earbuds for workouts.

JeffreyD

macrumors member
Jun 5, 2011
Central CA Coast

Continuing its string of sales this week, Best Buy today launched a new 4-day sale that will end Saturday, April 28 at 11:59 p.m. CT. A variety of Apple products are included in the sale, including iPhone X, MacBook Pro, MacBook Air, and iPad, with MacBook Pro prices in particular at about the lowest we've ever seen.

For the MacBook Pro, students and parents of students can get the latest model with an Intel Core i5 processor, 8GB RAM, and 256GB hard drive for $1,399.99, down from $1,799.99. The $50 Student Deals bonus applies to all current-generation Mac notebooks.

best-buy-4-day-sale-late-april.jpg
Note: MacRumors is an affiliate partner with Best Buy. When you click a link and make a purchase, we may receive a small payment, which helps us keep the site running.

Check out more information on the discounts in the list below:
[*]iPhone X - Save up to $499.99 with eligible trade-in with Verizon
[*]MacBook Pro - Save $350-$400 / as low as $1,399.99 with Student Deals
[*]MacBook Air - Save $250-$300 / as low as $699.99 with Student Deals
[*]5th Generation iPad - Save $70-$80 / as low as $259.99 for 32GB Wi-Fi
[*]21.5-inch iMac (3.4GHz, 8GB RAM, 1TB HD) - $1,299.99, down from $1,499.99
[*]Beats Studio3 Wireless Headphones - $239.99 in Blue, down from $349.99
[*]Beats Solo3 Wireless Headphones - $197.99 in Rose Gold, down from $299.99 There are also numerous non-Apple devices on sale for the rest of the week, some of which we've rounded up below:
[*]Get 50 percent off select Apple Watch bands by Exclusive / as low as $7.49
[*]Bragi The Dash - $99.99, down from $299.99
[*]Sony XB950B1 Wireless Over-the-Ear Headphones - $99.99, down from $179.99
[*]Ultimate Ears MEGABOOM - $141.99, down from $299.99 Best Buy also still has a few ongoing trade-in offers for those interested in iPad or Apple Watch. For the iPad, you can get a minimum $125 Best Buy gift card when trading in select previous-generation iPad models. The Apple Watch offer nets you $70 or more to put toward an Apple Watch Series 3 when you trade in any working Apple Watch in-store only.

Head over to Best Buy to shop all of the 4-day sale's discounts, and then visit our Deals Roundup for more information on other sales and offers happening this week.

Article Link: Best Buy 4-Day Sale: Save at Least $350 on MacBook Pro and $250 on MacBook Air
[doublepost=1524677725][/doublepost]Are the 2017 MacBook pros as susceptible to keyboard problems as the 2016 models?

98 others

macrumors member
Apr 29, 2016
PA
Nor have I had problems with my 2017 13" Pro's keyboard, other than it sounds like I'm angry-typing all the time.

Macaholic868

macrumors 6502a
Feb 2, 2017
I’d buy a MacBook Pro if it were actually the next iteration of the Pro laptop line. What Apple released and labeled a Pro product is actually the next generation of the MacBook Air line. I look forward to the release of modular laptops and desktops that really are systems for Pros (and those of us who demand a GPU that isn’t a joke).

In the interim why didn’t they go back to previous designs? You know who’d pay $3,000+ for a cheese grader Mac Pro with updated internal components? Everyone who bought one of those back then. Same with the previous MacBook Pro with ports used by Pros. Just take the previous design, throw in a USB-C port and put it on sale. Pros will buy them! Why make us wait for years when it would’ve been so easy after admitting Apple’s failure last year to give Pros an intermediate product line that’s useable while Apple revamps?

It seems to me that it’s either arrogance, negligence or spite. Apple could’ve and should’ve done better. I’ve been waiting for a desktop that runs OS X (now MacOS) with a GPU that doesn’t suck for gaming since 2013. I should’ve bought the final cheese grader but if I had I’d be SOL by now just as I am today having not bought one.

An upgradable Mac Pro that I can install a good GPU for gaming in hasn’t been available since 2012 and won’t be until at least 2019 assuming Apple doesn’t screw the next generation up as they did the last. If that isn’t a giant WTF moment then tell me what is? Think of all of the money they’ve lost because they decided it would be a good idea to prevent users who want to repair and upgrade their systems from having a make and model that lets them do so.

Last edited:

SuperBrown

macrumors regular
Jan 15, 2008
Hollywoodland
I’d buy a MacBook Pro if it were actually the next iteration of the Pro laptop line. What Apple released and labeled a Pro product is actually the next generation of the MacBook Air line. I look forward to the release of modular laptops and desktops that really are systems for Pros (and those of us who demand a GPU that isn’t a joke).

In the interim when didn’t they go back to previous designs? You know who’d pay $3,000+ for a cheese grader Mac Pro with updated internal components? Everyone who bought one of those back then. Same with the previous MacBook Pro with ports used by Pros. Just take the previous design, throw in a USB-C port and put it on sale. Pros will buy them! Why make us wait for years when it would’ve been so easy after admitting Apple’s failure last year to give Pros an intermediate product line that’s useable while Apple revamps?

It seems to me that it’s either arrogance, negligence or spite. Apple could’ve and should’ve done better. I’ve been waiting for a desktop that runs OS X (now MacOS) with a GPU that doesn’t suck for gaming since 2013. I should’ve bought the final cheese grader but if I had I’d be SOL by now just as I am today having not bought one.

An upgradable Mac Pro that I can install a good GPU for gaming in hasn’t been available since 2012 and won’t be until at least 2019 assuming Apple doesn’t screw the next generation up as they did the last. If that isn’t a giant WTF moment then tell me what is? Think of all of the money they’ve lost because they decided it would be a good idea to prevent users who want to repair and upgrade their systems from having a make and model that lets them do so.

100% agreed. I'm so disillusioned by Apple products these days. I currently have a 2013 MBP and a 2014 iPhone 6, and I have no desire to upgrade to anything Apple has out right now. I am DREADING the day I'll have to upgrade either product. It will mean having to cave in to Apple's ways, or jump ship to the competition. Neither of which sounds at all enjoyable.

weezin

macrumors 6502
Jul 20, 2012
Perhaps a dumb question: are teachers able to get these same discounts? Seems like it only says "Students and parents of students".

pier

macrumors 6502a
Feb 7, 2009
I look forward to the release of modular laptops and desktops that really are systems for Pros (and those of us who demand a GPU that isn’t a joke).

You know High Sierra has eGPU support, right?
[doublepost=1524865670][/doublepost]I'd like to buy a new Apple laptop but my options are:
  1. Get a current MBA air which is seriously outdated
  2. Get an overpriced 12'' MB with a crappy keyboard that will die in a couple of months
  3. Get a 13'' MBP with the same crappy keyboard
I don't even care about performance. I just want a small computer that I can use when I'm away from my iMac.

Apple, you are not making this easy for me.

Macaholic868

macrumors 6502a
Feb 2, 2017
You know High Sierra has eGPU support, right?
[doublepost=1524865670][/doublepost]I'd like to buy a new Apple laptop but my options are:
  1. Get a current MBA air which is seriously outdated
  2. Get an overpriced 12'' MB with a crappy keyboard that will die in a couple of months
  3. Get a 13'' MBP with the same crappy keyboard
I don't even care about performance. I just want a small computer that I can use when I'm away from my iMac.

Apple, you are not making this easy for me.

Yeah I know but an eGPUare is a pretty expensive endeavor in its own right. I work in IT. If I’m going to drop $3000 on a desktop I’ve got to be able to easily open it up and repair or upgrade components. I know you can open up an iMac but I hate opening up all-in-one style systems. If I can’t do what I need to do with a screw driver it’s too much of a pain for me.

pier

macrumors 6502a
Feb 7, 2009
Yeah I know but an eGPUare is a pretty expensive endeavor in its own right. I work in IT. If I’m going to drop $3000 on a desktop I’ve got to be able to easily open it up and repair or upgrade components. I know you can open up an iMac but I hate opening up all-in-one style systems. If I can’t do what I need to do with a screw driver it’s too much of a pain for me.

I mean, that's the point of eGPU, that you don' have to open a machine to change/repair/upgrade the GPU.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.