Best Buy Accidental Coverage Warranty

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Alpha.K, Jul 14, 2011.

1. Alpha.K macrumors member

I just visited Best Buy to purchase a mbp and sales rep told me about the accidental coverage warranty which he described as covering any damage what so ever except for falling I into a pool and being run over. He recommended I purchase it but the cost caused me to reconsider. The prices are:
    1 year non-renewable-$150
    2 year renewable-$350
    So, does anybody have any experiences with the warranty or know of another, possibly cheaper, warranty that offers similar coverage because I know that AppleCare does not offer accidental coverage.

2. DreamscapeRuins macrumors member

DreamscapeRuins

I have the Best Buy warranty on my iPhone. Same warranty, its just a different payment plan. Its 14 bucks a month, rather than a year fee.

And its exactly what you said. They cover everything that could happen to it. They even told me that if I did happen to drop the phone in a pool, just to tell them I accidentally spilled something on it rather than fully submerged it. They even cover scratches and dents.

I haven't had to use it yet, but its a good backup. I'd imaging the MBP plan would be just as good as the iPhone plan. Thats the only reason I purchased my iPhone through best buy.