Best Buy Allocation ?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by texasipod, Jun 20, 2010.

1. texasipod macrumors newbie

I am 52 on the list. I ordered a 32gb phone. Guy I spoke with today said most orders were 16gb phones. Assuming they get 40 ( 20 16gb and 20 32gb) phones and 40 people ordered the 16gb phone, do I get my phone? Or does BB give those that are in front of me, but did not order a 32gb, the option of upgrading to the 32gb before moving down the line toward the end?

In other words, given the above hypothetical, do I get my phone bc I ordered the bigger 32gb phone?

2. bhsu21 macrumors 6502

My friend is 51 and they called and left a voicemail saying he might not have a phone on launch day. He wanted the 32gb.

3. rmwhite macrumors member

From the BB playbook leaked and the stock Wal Mart is getting, it seems like BB will be getting between zero and ten phones per store. Unless you're in a major metro area, I wouldn't think you have much chance.

But for your sake, I hope I'm wrong, and I'm just as clueless as everyone else here.

4. Gagoots macrumors regular

I'm number 32 and the store thinks I'm going to get one.

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Wow 0 to 10 iphones per store.
    That does sound really low.
    Hope thats not the case.
    Im number 30 :)

6. Gagoots macrumors regular

None of this is backed up by anything. Because of the stock Walmart is getting, Best buy will only see 10/store?

7. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

The leaked launch playbook for Best Buy actually states: "iPhone 4 devices will not be available on launch day. Once Apple confirms availability, we will communicate accordingly on Employee News."

It's unclear whether this refers to overall availability or simply availability outside pre-orders.

http://iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=10146

8. Knowimagination macrumors 68000

Knowimagination

Do we really need 15 topics about Best Buy inventory? I have said in every one of those threads that Best Buy does not find out what there levels will be until some point this week. If I can find out I will let you know.

If you are 52 on the list that really doesn't tell us much. If you were 4th for your exact model you have better odds than if you were 20th for your model. Without knowing that (even with it) its all just a crapshoot right now.

9. Savor Suspended

Savor

Well, if only 10 per store, I'm screwed because I am #11. But I live near a freeway and Cerritos is a respectable size as a city.

So many conflicting reports if there are some to be sold or if none will be there on launch.

I'm already mapping out my next alternative if I don't get a call from BB by Wednesday. Might have to campout at the Apple Store in Brea, CA. Walmart might be an option too. Radio Shack was my original plan to pre-order, but I have my doubts I could get one by camping out if I never "reserved" one. Walmart has small shipments, but there were never pre-orders. I did call the closest Walmart, and the guy who answered doesn't know how many will be stock and has doubt if they will get any at all. The Apple Store is 25 min away by freeway, but I figure it will have higher stock and guaranteed some will be there.

10. Knowimagination macrumors 68000

Knowimagination

No one at Best Buy knows inventory levels yet! The only conflicting reports you are hearing are either from uninformed employees or ones that are just making stuff up.