Best Buy and 160gb Option

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by ShellyFM, Jun 5, 2007.

1. ShellyFM macrumors regular

Does anyone know if Best Buy will carry the 160gb AppleTV configuration? I have a gift card for Best Buy, so I was hoping to be able to buy the AppleTV from Best Buy instead of Apple so I can make use of my gift card.

-Shelly

2. OldSkoolNJ macrumors 6502

OldSkoolNJ

No one will be "carrying" this version. It is a CTO (Configure to order) option. SO that means Apple Web only. If you have a gift card you can almost always sell a Best Buy gift card. I had a $150 gift card and I didnt want it (I spend as littl emoney at that place as possible) and I just walked around and politely asked people that were buying TVs if they wanted to buy it and I would stick around until they knew it was valid. Sold it in 5 minutes. Went to where I wanted then and bought what I wanted.

Kevin

3. Yvan256 macrumors 601

Yvan256

If you look at the store page for the :apple:TV, it's not a CTO option at all. It's exactly like the different iPod models with different storage sizes.

So yes, if Best Buy carries the 40GB :apple:TV there's a good chance they'll also carry the 160GB model.

4. ClassicBean macrumors 6502a

I bought my 160 at the apple store. Not configured in store. Built that way for the box. Says 160 GB on the box.

5. ShellyFM thread starter macrumors regular

That's great news and gives me hope that Best Buy will carry it, too. I keep checking their website.

-Shelly