Best Buy and 2012 MBP availability

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by zmn668, Jun 12, 2012.

1. zmn668 macrumors newbie

Hi. I am new to the Apple world and purchased a base 13" MBP last week at Best Buy not realizing a refresh was following so soon. I am wondering if anyone knows historically how long it takes Best Buy to get refreshed MBP's in stock? I want to exchange for the refreshed model even though I paid $100 less for this model but they will have to get it in within my return period. I am locked into buying through Best Buy due to most of the cost being from gift cards I had received. I know it is a minor refresh for the 13" but I would still like the usb 3 and improved CPU. Store has no idea when thy might arrive. Any thoughts? Thanks!

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Just wait and see when they come in. If you're getting close to the end of the return period, go ahead and return it and get refunded. Then buy the new model when it comes in.

3. Auzburner macrumors 65816

Auzburner

Based on the availability of the MacBook Pro's right now, I'd bet they have them pretty quick!

4. VThokie7 macrumors newbie

Even if you keep it, go back and ask them to price match. They reduced the price even more, down to $999 for the low end 13".

I actually just picked up the late 2011 15" from Best Buy myself. I had a $250 gift card. Couldn't justify spending $2200 for the retina version and they had the late 2011 for $220 off. I was going to buy the brand new 13" high end model for $1500, so the dedicated GPU, quad core, and extra screen space seemed worth $80 to me.

5. lulla01 macrumors 68020

lulla01

Id rather buy from bestbuy but the student discount with the iTunes card is too good to pass up your talking 300.00 off and more if I go to a Deleware bestbuy

6. zmn668 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the food for thought. Got me thinking about that 15.4" at the discounted price but my local Best Buys are all out so I can't exchange. Gotta decide now if I risk waiting for the 2012 models to come in within my return or go get another $100 back with the new price drop. Decisions... decisions..

7. iCheddar macrumors 6502a

iCheddar

Go for buying it. Best Buy has a 30 day price match/return policy. As long as the product is in sellable condition they take it back.

As far as availability, some stores with Apple shops begane receiving stock today, and will have the 2012 models on display either today or tomorrow. Obviously they will begin clearing through old stock and they've started taking major discounts on the 2011s.

AFAIK stores with Apple Shops should be able to being doing reservations for when they have stock in, and may be able to do orders with firmer dates within a few days. They'll likely price the 2012s on sale (Macs are basically always on sale at Best Buy) and I would expect some pretty good deals if you are a student. Make sure to ask if they have an offer for a Best Buy gift card with purchase, and see if they'll match Apple's GC offer too.