Best Buy and AT&T Restock

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by pssmith84, Sep 20, 2014.

1. pssmith84 macrumors regular

Anyone know how often Best Buy and AT&T get restock shipments? Trying to decide if I want to make a 3 hour drive to Chicago this morning to try and get a Plus or wait for Best Buy and AT&T to open here and try to get one. I know Chicago has some currently, but it's a long drive.

2. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

Probably not worth the 3 hour drive if you can't get one. Probably would be a waste of gas and time. I'm sure there will be a long line, especially the one in Michigan Ave.

3. pssmith84 thread starter macrumors regular

If I were to go that route, I would reserve one right away from apple.com as they are showing them available. I'm going to pass though as the space gray isn't available anymore and 6 hours total driving for silver or gold just isn't worth it for me.

4. JoeTomasone macrumors 6502

Best Buy will not quote inventory over the phone, so that's a true gamble.

5. aneftp macrumors 601

Have you checked Apple.com online availability. I checked in apple.com site and see 64GB silver ATT iPhone 6 plus model is still available at apple retail store North Michigan Ave store as of 917am eastern time/817am central time.

So you can log online and reserve that model on apple.com!

6. pssmith84 thread starter macrumors regular

They say they won't, but I called 3 within 1/2 hour of me yesterday and they had no problem telling me. And the 1 in my town had someone answering the phone just telling inventory when I was in there. So I guess the message they play is just to get people into the store when they don't really need to. Lol.

----------

Been on there non-stop this morning. I really want space gray. I like the silver back, and I even like the gold back, but the white face just doesn't do it for me. However, if there was a silver or gold at my local Best Buy or AT&T, I'd probably be able to live with it just to have it sooner. But driving 6 hours total for something I don't love just doesn't seem like a great idea. I could get some pizza though while in Chicago, and I do LOVE pizza. LOL!

7. iosuser macrumors 6502a

This varies based on location, but most Apple stores around me (north NJ) show many models in stock, some 6+ too but mostly 16GB. Is Apple hoarding all the phones to themselves? Who knows but probably. On my second line, I got approval for a super early full discounted upgrade (upgraded to 5s last October!), but I can only order it through the retention department yesterday. I was quoted 30 days shipping on the regular 6 space gray 16GB. That phone is available at every Apple store around me, including stores in NYC. They quoted 10 days for gold and silver. It was a surprise that gray has such a long delay with AT&T.

PS, unless you have a good reason to buy from Best Buy (I did, because I signed up for the free $50 giftcard earlier this year), the Apple store will probably get you out much faster. I was one guy ahead of me yesterday at Best Buy and I waited almost 1 HOUR. Both guys were doing trade ins, picking out accessories, having geek squad backup and transfer their stuff, had to deactivated find my iphone on their trade in, one even had them install their screen protector :mad: It was not worth that $50...

8. pssmith84 thread starter macrumors regular

I'd be getting that $50 as well, and Best Buy is a whole 3 minutes from my house. I wouldn't care if I had to wait in the store as I want to browse new TVs and a few other things anyways. I guess I'll just swing over there when they open and see if they got anything in last night/this morning.