Best Buy & Apple?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by imjoee, Aug 22, 2013.

1. imjoee macrumors 6502

imjoee

so i purchased a MBA at best buy, and the first purchase was defective, now im on my second MBA from best buy after exchanging the defective MBA and the SECOND one is also defective!!!

I feel like it's best buy's MBA since my second one is the same LG screen and Sandisk SSD as the first one, could i possibly exchange it at apple or do i have to exchange it from best buy?

2. newdeal macrumors 68020

are you sure its defective or is it you? You could take it into apple if you wanted but they would either repair it or give you a refurbished one. Better to just take it back to best buy and get another new one, clearly it has nothing to do with it being best buy

3. imjoee thread starter macrumors 6502

imjoee

im positive it is defective.
    the trackpad cracks every time i push down on it, and the first one creaked every time i picked it up, almost as if the aluminum was pushing up onto the battery and smashing it when i picked it up.

4. jadAce macrumors regular

jadAce

Probably just a coincidence that the second one turned out bad?

Anyways, go ahead and exchange it from Best Buy. Get another one, and see how it turns out.
    You always want to get a free-of-defects machine when you buy a new Mac, IMHO, because you are spending quite a large amount on it.

5. imjoee thread starter macrumors 6502

imjoee

Ya I was so disappointed, hopefully the next one is flawless, if not. Then I will exchange it for a forth one

6. jadAce macrumors regular

jadAce

Yes. When you buy a product, it should meet your needs. Best Buy probably has some sort of "Satisfaction Guaranteed" idea, so don't hesitate to exchange, or even speak to a manager if the third one turns out bad as well.

7. Jefe's MacAir macrumors 6502

Can you return it to BestBuy for a refund and use that money to go to the Apple store and re-purchase another one?

If not, keep returning until you get a working unit. I'm surprised the first one was defective but it happens. I'm really surprised the second was also a dud. If you get a third dud then it might just me user error. :p

8. imjoee thread starter macrumors 6502

imjoee

I actually got it for 899$, if I go to apple it will cost me 250$ more, I'll just have to keep exchanging it if the next one is defective, crossing my fingers

----------

I will open the third one on the spot tomorrow and make sure there are no problems, I think it'll get awkward if its another bad one. I think I might go to another best buy so I don't have to deal with a forth return if it turns out like that

9. teffers macrumors regular

I went through 4x units before I found one acceptable (5th one).

Creaking cases, spinning trackpad screws that were loose, hinge fitted incorrectly, hinge creaking like an old door in a horror film.

Keep trying till you get one you're happy with, not necessarily a perfect one lol, but one you're happy with.

10. NewbieCanada macrumors 68030

$250 more? Is this a refurb or open box? Why is it so much less than at Apple?

11. m98custom1212 macrumors 6502

They was on sale and education discount of $100

12. imjoee thread starter macrumors 6502

imjoee

Ah! I'm not the only one ahah! I will open it in the store and exchange it if its bad.

----------

I got my MBA for $899. Base model, brand new. I had a college discount and also best buy had a sale for 100$ off already. So it came out to cost me 950$

13. TheDrake macrumors newbie

joe

Another option for you... I bought a 13" rMBP 8GB/128GB at the Apple for $1200.00 on 8/3 when BestBuy had them on sale for $1300 - 100 edu discount. I asked at the apple store if they would meet BB's price and clerk asked his mgr who approved the price. I also then got applecare for $183.

14. imjoee thread starter macrumors 6502

imjoee

When I called apple, they said they could've only discounted one and not both, so I went with bestbuy