Best Buy Black Friday deals!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by jshelton, Nov 11, 2010.

1. jshelton macrumors 6502a

I just sold my 13-inch MBP and I am about to get either a 13-inch MBA, or the 3.06 iMac. Does Best Buy usually have any deals on their Apple inventory on Black Friday or around the holidays? If not, I am going to buy next week; but if there might be a significant sale then I will just wait.

Thanks.

J

2. bornblind macrumors 6502

bornblind

Not on Apple computers. Apple doesn't allow for discounts like that. Accessories I would think so. I would go ahead and buy.

3. bornblind macrumors 6502

bornblind

Also, there is a site I use for Black Friday ads and they already have BB and many other BF ads up. I don't think I can post the site here without breaking the rules of the forum.

4. gtobynj macrumors newbie

I got a a 13" MacBook Pro from BestBuy last year at $100 off list. It wasn't a black friday deal (there may have been one, I don't know) but it was on a weekend in November. I have no idea if it will be repeated.

5. Apple-Man23 macrumors regular

Apple has one sale a year and it's Black Friday. The deals aren't usually impressive but you might save $100 or so. In terms of other retail stores like Best Buy I don't know what they have done in the past in terms of :apple: black friday discounts but I think you would be remiss if you didn't wait until the ads come out so you can see all the discounts that will be available. As always if you need it now go for it, but with possible discounts two weeks away I would wait and see!

6. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

Why would it break the forum rules? Is there offensive content on the site? As long as it's worksafe or you note that it's not, there shouldn't be any problem that I know of.

I'd love to get the link personally, so if you still feel it's against forum rules, can you please PM it to me?

jW

7. emaja macrumors 68000

Those sites are always threatened with takedown notices and such because they are usually leaks from the printers that have agreements with the retailers not to release ads early.

In any case, Google is your friend. They are really easy to find - especially this time of year.

8. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

Best Buy had a $200 gift card with Macbook purchase last year. It's not an easy discount but you can always find something to spend $200 on.

9. jshelton thread starter macrumors 6502a

One more thing...

I am going to get the 21.5" iMac 3.06 from Best Buy. Does anyone know if it will include iLife 11? I am confused about which machines have this included.

10. mstrze macrumors 68000

iLife comes with all Macs as far as I know. I've not bought a Mac in the last 5-10 years that didn't have iTunes, iPhoto, iMovie, iWeb...etc.:D

11. jshelton thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yes, I know that they all come with iLife, I am just wondering if it is '11?

12. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

Unless that particular machine was shipped to the store before iLife '11 was released, then yes, it will have iLife '11. Apple doesn't ship old versions of software on their computers, except of course during that brief transition time.

You should be able to glance at the label on the box and see if it says iLife '11, typically it's been labelled in the past (though you never know for sure if Apple will change something like that).

jW

13. bornblind macrumors 6502

bornblind

The ad scan is on www.bfads.net

ENJOY!

14. benhollberg macrumors 68020

benhollberg

Yes, all new Macs come with iLife '11.

15. emaja macrumors 68000

If it is not pre-installed, it should have the '11 disk dropped in the box for you to upgrade when you get it home.

Otherwise, you can mail in for the "Up-To-Date Program" as found HERE.

16. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

Best Buy IS giving gift cards with a couple of Macs according to one site.

http://www.electronista.com/articles/10/11/12/best.buy.black.friday.to.have.big.mac.deals.more/

Considering I just bought a new iMac last week, I'm kinda peeved. Always something within five weeks of a Mac purchase. But my MBP literally died, and that would've meant three weeks with nothing but an iPhone. I just could've used that toward some movies or an Apple TV. Oh hell, I could've gotten a free Apple TV. Someone talk me down from the ledge ...