Best Buy black friday macbook

psingh01

macrumors 65816
Apr 19, 2004
Not bad if you also plan to buy other electronics/entertainment type gifts. Usually the apple products are excluded from the reward zone discounts (I think Apple asks them to). So this is their way around it by not really selling the Mac cheaper, just giving something extra free.

brendu

macrumors 68020
Apr 23, 2009
USA
thats not as good as the current microcenter deal on the macbook with a 200 dollar visa prepaid card via mail in rebate... more instant but it presumes you want to get more stuff from BB.. which i guess alot of people do.

macrumorsMaster

macrumors 6502
May 20, 2008
Not too bad. Don't think of it as a gift card though, it's paying for the tax(at least in california it's close to what the tax would be, about $97.50).

ChefJayPeek

macrumors regular
Jul 8, 2008
Suburban Texas
Except that the newer model is faster, thinner, supports DDR3 RAM instead of DDR2, has a 250GB HDD, has the glass trackpad, and has a longer battery life.
And the refurb is out of stock now. The Best Buy one sounds good, except it says "3 per store" So unless you camp out for it, you won't get it. I am pondering a new or refurb Macbook for my GF for Christmas, so I won't have to listen to her bitch about her POS Acer anymore. Or listen to its fan running full blast all the time.

Chef Jay

Badger^2

macrumors 68000
Oct 29, 2009
Sacramento
might be a good deal in some states... but not in CA...

thats $999 + $90 tax = $1090 - $150 = $940

and campout time =(

but its $924 after rebate, not tax and free shipping from macconnection...

DewGuy1999

macrumors 68040
Jan 25, 2009
My experience with this kind of thing (gift card, coupon, etc.) at other retailers is that it is for your future purchase(s) not the current one.

I'm not familiar with Best Buy's instant gift card style of promotion, so, I was wondering will you be able to actually use it toward the purchase of the MacBook if you're one of the lucky 3 present? If you can't use it on the current purchase then you're actually paying full retail for the MacBook, and just getting $150 worth of other Best Buy merchandise.

boston44

macrumors 6502
May 8, 2009
My experience with this kind of thing (gift card, coupon, etc.) at other retailers is that it is for your future purchase(s) not the current one.

I'm not familiar with Best Buy's instant gift card style of promotion, so, I was wondering will you be able to actually use it toward the purchase of the MacBook if you're one of the lucky 3 present? If you can't use it on the current purchase then you're actually paying full retail for the MacBook, and just getting $150 worth of other Best Buy merchandise.
You can negotiate with the manager to get the $150 off instantly, I've seen it happen on a plasma TV before. Probably not when this will go fast, though.

Acorn

macrumors 68030
Jan 2, 2009
macrumors
black friday is such a copout. unless your like one of the first 12 people in line forget about getting any of the real deals worth being there for. They give tickets out to the people in line about what your there for and its gone before the door even opens. so you got there and theres 20 people in line. your already to late. your just one of the many now that got suckered into the store for nothing.

its just plain sad to drive by and see the line out the door and around the corner. people number 65 in line hoping they are going to get that 299 laptop.

there will be all kinds of deals from thanksgiving on that will actually be obtainable to the average person.

thegoldenmackid

macrumors 604
Dec 29, 2006
dallas, texas
black friday is such a copout. unless your like one of the first 12 people in line forget about getting any of the real deals worth being there for. They give tickets out to the people in line about what your there for and its gone before the door even opens. so you got there and theres 20 people in line. your already to late. your just one of the many now that got suckered into the store for nothing.

there will be all kinds of deals from thanksgiving on that will actually be obtainable to the average person.
Not always true. Cyber Monday isn't bad at all, it's just a matter of going to the right places at the right time.

thegoldenmackid

macrumors 604
Dec 29, 2006
dallas, texas
Why would any one get that when you can get a nice refurb macbook pro for the same price?

http://store.apple.com/us/product/FB990LL/A?mco=MTA4MzIzMzA
Because one is new? Some people prefer it, I'm indifferent. Also the Refurb store is inconsistent.

Why wait for Black Friday when you can buy one today for 999 and get a $200 visa prepaid gift card back?

http://microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0321997
Because you get Best Buy points, I assume there will be a better deal later.

rajanator

macrumors newbie
Nov 18, 2009
This is for the people who want to get a macbook on black friday.
How do we know this is legit.. and not photoshop... I would go and camp out for this mac, but not if I walk in and it not there...
:apple::apple::apple::apple::apple:
"I switched from an iphone to a nokia N97... i am happy i switched"
:apple::apple::apple::apple::apple: