Best Buy - Black Friday When to Show up

Gator24765

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 13, 2009
Texas
So im going to take advantage of some Black friday deals.

I decided to go with the macbook at best buy because i am going to get a few other items at best buy. Might as well get the 150 gift card.

Im looking for some advice from some of those who have woken up early for the doorbusters.

What time wuld you get to best buy if the doors open at 5?

thegoldenmackid

macrumors 604
Dec 29, 2006
dallas, texas
I would look at their ad and see if any of those "door busters" intrigue you. If so, plan on getting there before five and make sure to get those first, otherwise you could enjoy your precious sleep. Their best deals will be advertised and likely limited quantities.

ChefJayPeek

macrumors regular
Jul 8, 2008
Suburban Texas
I would look at their ad and see if any of those "door busters" intrigue you. If so, plan on getting there before five and make sure to get those first, otherwise you could enjoy your precious sleep. Their best deals will be advertised and likely limited quantities.
Especially since their advertisement says "minimum of 3 per store" I would guess Thursday evening at about 5 to get in line. I've seen the lines form at Best Buy 2 days before the sale. I think someone else pointed to an alternate online place, MacMall maybe, that has a similar deal online, and possibly with not tax.

Chef Jay

Surely

Oct 27, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Yeah, last year at my local Best Buy (Westwood Village) there was a line of people camping out the night before Black Friday. I think I saw the line at around 7pm the night before.

Gator24765

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 13, 2009
Texas
Damn now thts unbelievable. No way i can wait that long ha

I didnt have a problem showing up at like 2 or 3 but i would prolly be 200th in line lol

gibbz

macrumors 68030
May 31, 2007
Every year that we did the Best Buy line, we would get there at 7 a.m. on Thanksgiving. Many times we weren't the first in line :eek:

If an item is desirable enough, and you have someone to hang out with, it can be quite fun.