Best Buy Black Tie Program iPhone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DreamscapeRuins, Aug 16, 2011.

1. DreamscapeRuins macrumors member

DreamscapeRuins

I'm almost sure the answer to this is yes, but I can't find much information on it anywhere. I may be using the wrong search terms, I dont know.

Yesterday, as I got out of the car, my iPhone fell out of my lap and onto the ground. Which, normally would be fine. Its protected all the way around. Today, I noticed that I had chipped a part of the screen. Naturally, it was the near microscopic thin line at the top of the screen NOT protected by the cover/case. Its not scratched, its chipped. Like.. the tiny part of glass is missing.

I've had my phone under Best Buys insurance since I bought it. Do they cover drops/falls? Would I be able to take it to them today, and have it replaced? And also, when they replace it, what type of phone do they give you while you wait for the replacement to come in?

2. saberahul macrumors 68040

I do not recall what their policy states but in NJ, their stores are the worst ever. I used to have warranty on a prior iPhone and when something went wrong they decided to do nothing about it. My bad experience I guess. Come to think about it, this post has nothing to do with your post... bleh.

3. AnthroMatt macrumors regular

AnthroMatt

I might be wrong, but I don't think the BB plan covers cosmetic damage unless that damage impairs the functionality of the phone in some way.

4. Darkrider macrumors member

Darkrider

i work for best buy mobile as a sales lead they cover anything that happens to your phone and they do what they call rapid exchange where they your phoen and ship it off and you get a refreb back within in 3 days

5. HazyCloud macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

It can also take up to 3 weeks. I've dropped my 4 twice now and BB replaced them both, no questions asked. First time took 3 days while the second replacement took almost 3 weeks. BB told me the refurbs were out of stock so I had to wait. It was strange that a phone over a year old was out of stock.

OP: Your phone could get ran over with a lawnmower and they'd still replace it. You'd just need to bring in the pieces. :)

6. RedRallyeZ macrumors regular

Very true. pretty much an unconditional replacement. I had an intermittent home button problem that i couldn't reproduce in the store, so the agent told me to "drop" the phone, and then he would easily be able to cite the problem.

As far as turnaround time, it just depends on inventory levels of the refurbs. I went through 3 3GS'es and none of them took longer than 4 days.

7. tek210, Aug 19, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2011

tek210 macrumors regular

tek210

Got a spill on mine tonight. Not a great night but I was pleased to get home to look at the paperwork to see it clearly covers accidental spills. Have it in a bag of rice right now hoping that might correct it overnight. Has been unresponsive so far.

What can expect to get for a loaner? Might it be a 3GS or a phone with, don't say it, actual keys.

8. HazyCloud macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

I hate to break it to you, but you're more than likely getting this.

Attached Files:

9. tek210 macrumors regular

tek210

Actually I got an LG Thrive which is Android. Can't wait to get the new iPhone.

10. HazyCloud macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

That's good. My local store gave me that phone twice. Did you have to pay a deposit for the LG?

11. tek210 macrumors regular

tek210

Yeah I had to put $50 which I was ok with. Like he said in some cases, not mine, the loaner is an upgrade from the primary phone.