Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SolarShane

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 7, 2014
I bought my first iPod touch as a replacement device as my iPhone has the sleep button issue, and here is what I have realized: DO NOT BUY Apple products at "store within a store" locations.

I bought my iPod touch for $179 after Apple released the updated 16GB with the camera. I assumed Best Buy would have at least let me know that there was a new model out. Nope, and what's worse, is that they now dropped the price of the one I purchased another $10 to $169. I now feel cheated out of a new model and $10.

The new one with the camera is begin sold at $189, which before the second price drop, I would have only needed to pay $10 more.

I'm just letting you all know and am also asking if there is anything at all I can do to get the newer model.

Thanks.

kupkakez

macrumors 68020
Apr 4, 2011
Austin, TX
Why should Best Buy let you know there is a new model? Shouldn't you do some research before making that type of purchase?

Return this one to Best Buy and order the new one from Apple...

Primejimbo

macrumors 68040
Aug 10, 2008
Around
How is this Best Buys fault? You didn't do the research.

I really hate these posts how "watch out" when it's the buyer who didn't look stuff up. We live in a world where we can research anything on line in an instant, but people still don't do that.

Last edited:

SolarShane

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 7, 2014
Why should Best Buy let you know there is a new model? Shouldn't you do some research before making that type of purchase?

Return this one to Best Buy and order the new one from Apple...

The new one would have netted BB $10 more, that's why I assumed.
This was a "quiet" update, so no, I didn't do research.

raccoonboy

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2012
u r lucky to be living in the States. U can return stuff.

I wasn't aware about the update 16gb with rear camera too but original usd 229 price for old version front cam only will never get the money off my wallet anyway.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.