BEST BUY Clearance Yesterday's Macbook Pro's

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by DUDEMANGUY5, Apr 13, 2010.

1. DUDEMANGUY5 macrumors regular

I called Best Buy after I got home today and asked if they were going to clearance the "Yesterday" models of the Macbook Pros. He went to ask the store manager. The store manager got on the phone with me and explained "All of the Best Buy stores are going to clearance the old Macbook Pros." I proceeded on to ask him How much of a clearance he was expecting due to the new internal spec bumps. He told me "I was told today that later this week and into next week we (the Best Buy stores) will be expecting a $200-$600 off of the old models." :eek:

:apple: Pretty reasonable Best Buy! I might jump on the bandwagon for those great deals! :apple:

2. Sleazy E macrumors 65816

Sleazy E

If that's true, those are some pretty nice savings.

3. nconnella macrumors regular

You can get those kinds of savings any day off ebay, especially when you take into account Bing 8% cashback and no tax for most sellers. That's where I bought mine and after getting Applecare for more than half off, I came out with a savings better than Apple employee discount (25%) when I bought mine in '08.

4. Meever macrumors 6502a

5. The Final Cut macrumors 6502

meh with the education discount on the base 13" i doubt it would be worth it for another $100 or so off to get the old model. the most you will see is 200 off on the 13" and its probaly go to be less than that.

6. pastparticiple macrumors regular

Sadly they don't have any 15" online and none of the stores anywhere near me have them either. I would take an old base model 15" for say $1400 or so right now.