Best Buy comes through

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Rooskibar03, Sep 27, 2014.

1. Rooskibar03 macrumors 65816

Rooskibar03

(Ok putting back on my loooong dormant fanboi hat)

Gotta say I am really pleased with how BB is handling the launch. Buy a $50 gift card, tell them what you want and they will email when it comes in. If you don't take it within 48 hours they move onto the next person and you still have fifty bucks to spend at BB.

Pre-ordered a 6 and 6 plus Tuesday and Thursday I had the 6 and today got the plus....

Love it and I didn't have to stress running all over town looking and not waiting 3-4 for delivery from Apple. For the first even I have nothing bad to say about BB.

2. marine0816 macrumors 6502a

marine0816

You're a week late

3. clborden macrumors regular

clborden

I didn't think BB even received 6 plus'. That's good to know.

4. shaunmed macrumors regular

i heard apple is sending the returned 6+ to BB. i hope not tho!:eek:

5. Rooskibar03 thread starter macrumors 65816

Rooskibar03

Actually they just starting taking Plus pre-orders on Tuesday, at least thats what they told me at local store Monday night when I was there.

6. michikade macrumors regular

michikade

I got mine at a Best Buy. Idevicechecker.com helped me find one but yeah, best buy :)

7. martiansoldier macrumors 6502

I was able to order online at www.bestbuy.com and pick up in store in less than a few hours, although not without the Best Buy drama I had expected when I placed my order.

My order went through just fine and my credit card was charged but immediately after I received the order confirmation, I received an e-mail stating that my order was unavailable and to contact the corporate BB customer service within 72 hours if I still needed my phone. I call them and they call the store with me on hold. After about 25 minutes on hold I hang up. Surprisingly, I received a call back 5 minutes later, stating that my order was indeed unavailable, but they had a phone (identical to the one I ordered) that someone had failed to pick up and if I went to the store by the end of the day, it was mine. I went over 15 minutes later, waited in line 20 minutes and another 20 minutes later was out the door. They even let me take the phone home with me and activate it at home (the old SIM in my 5s was deactivated).

They ended up canceling my online order and made it an in-store purchase, which also helped me use my $50.00 gift card I signed up for. All said and done, I am a happy Best Buy customer now.

8. BigMar89 macrumors 6502

Which Best Buy if you don't mind me asking?

9. dmylrea macrumors 68000

dmylrea

I agree that BB was a pretty good experience, but not without some drama.

I preordered my 6 on Pre-Order Friday, put down my $50 and got the email the following Thursday to pick up my iPhone on Friday. I wandered into BB around noon, and only one person in line. Apart from some normal BB shenanigans (I was next in line, and they moved me to the computer counter where "overflow" was being handled and I wound up waiting longer than had I just stayed in the normal mobile phone line), things went smoothly.

The ONLY issue was when I questioned the PRICE that BB was charging me. $799 for a iPhone 6 64GB. I thought it was $749, but wasn't 100% sure, so I went with it. It wasn't until I read that BB was overcharging those that were buying the iPhone's outright an extra $50, that I felt I hadn't gotten a "best buy".

I went back yesterday for a couple reasons, one was to apply $450 in BB Rewards certificates to my iPhone purchase (my certificates showed up the day AFTER I bought my iPhone, and BB told me they could adjust the purchase after-the-fact and credit my CC by the amount of the certificates), and the 2nd was to get my $50 back that they were overcharging. Both issues were resolved easily (they price-matched the Apple store price).

So, couldn't be happier with the ease of ordering and receiving my iPhone at BB. Didn't have to wait in LONG lines, showed up when I wanted to, and was able pay a large portion of the phone with BB Rewards Certificates. :)

10. martiansoldier macrumors 6502

Best Buy Galleria on Richmond Avenue, Houston TX (not the BB mobile store inside the Galleria Shopping Center).