Best Buy coupons for new MacBook Pro

citivolus

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 19, 2008
I'm planning to buy a MacBook Pro for my daughter soon. I know there's a student discount for $125 off. Has anyone been successful at using an additional coupon on top of this?

DanGoh

macrumors 6502
Apr 6, 2014
I did it exactly 3 years ago. The original/RSP price of the 2013 MacBook Pro Retina I wanted at the time was $1499. Best Buy had them at $1399. I used the student deals coupon and got an extra $100 off. From what I've read, the policy is still the same, but they reserve the right to not let you. I think it'll depend on the attitude of the sales person and/or manager. Just go in and ask nicely.

I'm thinking about selling my 2013 and taking advantage of the deal myself since it's my last year as a student. Let us know if it works out.

iamMacPerson

macrumors 68030
Jun 12, 2011
AZ/10.0.1.1
Way back when (I want to say this was 3 years ago), Best Buy wasn't having a sale on an iPad I wanted but there was a lower price available from another store. So I had Best Buy price match that, and they still took the student coupon as well as the old Mover's Coupon (that I believe they don't give out anymore) and $20 in Reward Zone coupons. I ended up walking out of the store with a $600 iPad before tax for $329 with tax.

It may have changed since then, but I know the employee didn't care the system didn't bother to confirm eligibility. It just took it. It's worth a try, but I know their system have gotten better over the last couple years. Stuff like this may not work anymore.

citivolus

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 19, 2008
Thanks for the replies. Does the movers coupon still exist? I'm looking for another coupon to potentially use with the student discount.

BeatCrazy

macrumors 68000
Jul 20, 2011
I don't think the mover's coupon still exists, but there are BB 10% "birthday" coupons floating around there, but they typically exclude laptops.

A few weeks ago, there was both a $100 and the (current) $125 off MacBook coupons that overlapped in valid dates, and you could stack them in store. I did it myself, and was checking out when I realized my wallet was MIA, and I ended up being out of town the rest of that week.

So, there are actually now two different sets of the $125 off MacBook BB student coupons, but it is unknown if they'll stack in-store. Non of the 13" TB MBPs are on sale this week, so I haven't attempted to try them in store.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.