Best buy deal good enough?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by asdfsdf, Aug 13, 2008.

1. asdfsdf macrumors newbie

this week best buy is offering iwork and mobile me FREE (or $180 discount) with a purchase of a mac. ofcorse its not as money saving as the FREE apple touch, but i will have to spend the money on iwork anyway, and best buy is offering 2 years of no intrest financing.

is this deal good enough? with the new macbook refreshes coming, will best buy have better deals closer to september to clear out their inventory?

and what good is mobileme? i dont have an iphone/itouch or anything mobile from apple, will this be completely worthless to me?

2. super_kev macrumors 6502

super_kev

I think the deal is pretty decent, but I'd probably have them just give you the $180 discount, and then you can go out and purchase iWork from Amazon.com. You probably won't use MobileMe, and if they gave it to you, you don't have to activate it until you think you want to use it, as it's a 1-year subscription from what I remember.

There have been times when I've passed up on a deal waiting for another one, and found out later that there weren't any more deals. So if you like the computer, get it. There will always be something faster and newer out.

Read up on MobileMe at Apple.com... you don't need a mobile device from Apple to use it, but it would be nice to have if you have multiple computers that you need to keep information in sync.

3. thecoard macrumors member

thecoard

In response to that, I work at Best Buy, and you get the $180 dollar discount only with the purchase of the software with the Mac. So, in theory, you can't just save 180 bucks, you have to get them. I think it's a great deal, and you can also get the iPod Touch, and you will receive a $200 gift card, but I'm not sure if that offer is still good with a new Mac.