Best Buy DFW, TEXAS : IPad 2 Availability ?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by M5RahuL, Mar 31, 2011.

1. M5RahuL macrumors 68020

M5RahuL

Been checking BBs in DFW ( have a GC so it's gotta be a BB ) and none have any 16/32 WiFi only in stock !

Please post if you've had luck at grabbing one at BB just walking in, preferably in Arlington or Irving.

Looking for wifi only. Thanks guys :)

2. M5RahuL thread starter macrumors 68020

M5RahuL

3. tbobmccoy macrumors 6502a

tbobmccoy

Any Fry's Electronics up there? That's where I got mine and they had several with no buyers lined up when I bought mine. It was sweet to go in, see no line and leave with a 32gb white wifi :cool:

4. M5RahuL thread starter macrumors 68020

M5RahuL

Yes, I have a Fry's about 5 miles from me. I've checked with them and all they have are Verizon 64s.

Even so, since I have GCs + RZ Certs from BB [which will pretty much pay for a 16GB iP2 including tax ] I'd rather not spend any from pocket buying elsewhere.

5. Zeos macrumors 6502

Central Walnut Hill has a stash of 64 GB AT&T models to be released from hold this afternoon. Overall, our BBs have been getting new stock.

Overall, lots of luck. Have bought three (32GB AT&T x 2, 64 GB AT&T x1) in the past week (not scalping, all for family). I have had luck nearly every time I have walked into a BB. I have had more opps to buy than I needed iPads. Here is what has worked at Central/Walnut Hill and Frisco/El Dorado Pkwy/DNT locations:

1) Start with the Inventory Tracker even though it's not always accurate. Since the update happens only once a day in the morning, if it shows In Store Only for 36 hours straight for a model, that means some models are on Hold and may be about to be released from the 48-hour hold (i.e., on the second afternoon) if they're not picked up. GO to the store at 11 AM or 1 PM to check for these released holds. Phone won't work here. You MUST seek someone out in the computer dept when you get there. You might need to shamelessly try two employees.

2) Forget calling the store unless you are able to speak directly with the computer dept, which is tough. The person on the phone or in customer service has a blanket or uninformed answer. The key is the computer dept folks who have the authority to release the holds.

3) The Inventory Tracker has been wrong many times. This morning I was at the Central/Walnut Hill Store and it showed no 16 GB WiFis in stock. But at 11 AM, they had stack of 6 or 7 in the cage. So again, you must go to the store and seek out the right people.

4) Finally, ask the right people in the dept. I asked a guy with a black Apple shirt on, and he told me that I had just missed their hold release of 10 units by a couple of minutes. I walked out, but then decided to go back in to buy a cover while they were on stock. I found a BB blue shirt employee who had helped me before and asked again. He said "yeah, I have a few I could probably release." He walked to the CS cage and pulled out two 64 GB AT&T models (one for me and one for another customer that had been listening in.) Ask and re-ask.

Hope this helps.

6. M5RahuL thread starter macrumors 68020

M5RahuL

Thanks Zeos.. I guess I'll take a stab a some BBs nearby and not rely just on calls and inventory trackers!

Appreciate the advice :cool:

7. deeddawg macrumors 604

Don't know if you have a Microcenter, but they can be a good option also if there's one around.

8. KyleC macrumors member

I lined up at 6am at the Knox Store twice last week and still didn't what I want. Anyone want a 64gb White AT&T? I didn't want to leave empty handed the second day, I was so angry, but I decided against the white.

This is really starting to piss me off. Maybe Ill try some Best Buys tomorrow.

9. M5RahuL thread starter macrumors 68020

M5RahuL

I hear ya.. :(

My brother just walked in with a 64GB Wifi from the Apple store for me.. But, I don't want a 64.. So, back it goes unless someone local sees this, and wants it. I think it's $699 + 8.25% Tax.