Best Buy discounts

Discussion in 'iPad' started by gglockner, Feb 11, 2011.

1. gglockner macrumors 6502

gglockner

I just noticed that Best Buy is currently offering the 3G iPad models for $30 off. It's just a modest discount, but it's interesting considering that it's rare for Apple products to be sold at a discount. (Discontinued or refurbished products are the notable exception). This is particularly true for the iPad; Apple controls the retail market for the iPad even more tightly than other products like the iPod. (Ex: iPad is not sold through Amazon.com).

Perhaps it's more evidence that a refresh is imminent.

2. tills24 macrumors member

Wasn't TJ Maxx selling them for $100 off at Christmas?

3. nmills macrumors regular

I do wish Apple products would have some decent discounts/sales occasionally, but really, they don't need to...they are bought without discounts and sales!

FTR-I read that Amazon, not Apple, is the reason iPads aren't sold on Amazon. They believe it to be an e-reader and thus, competition for their Kindle.

TJ Maxx has iPads??

4. AppleScruff1 macrumors G3

AppleScruff1

They had limited numbers in some stores before Christmas.

5. kdoug macrumors 6502a

kdoug

This was actually posted over 2 weeks ago. The $30 off has been ongoing for well over 2 weeks.

6. 184550 Guest

This and it's not uncommon for Best Buy to discount the Manufactures price. IMO it's not indicative of anything; except their desire to sell, sell, sell.

7. gglockner thread starter macrumors 6502

gglockner

OK, sorry for the duplicate thread. I noticed the price and I browsed quickly for other threads on this topic, but I didn't search beyond the 1st page.

8. dlhoulton macrumors newbie

WalMart is also offering the same. $30 off 3G and $11 off Wifi.